Thread: Traditional watercraft project in Whitehorse:

Default Traditional watercraft project in Whitehorse:

"Celebrate Canada’s 150th Anniversary of Confederation with the Traditional Watercraft Project in Whitehorse!

The Yukon First Nations Culture and Tourism Association invites you to participate in The Traditional Watercraft of Canada’s North project on the grounds of the SS Klondike during June 2017. Indigenous boat builders will construct four traditional watercraft including a birch bark canoe, a dugout canoe, a seal skin kayak and a moose skin boat.

Come by our tent and watch the boats take shape day by day. We’ll have presentations, workshops, and traditional activities throughout the entire month!

The boats will be launched with a special celebration at the beginning of July, during the Adäka Cultural Festival. Don’t miss this extraordinary event!"
    https://www.facebook.com/events/786012101537223/

Yukon Freightworks Canoe Co. will probably be there. Look for an 80 Series Land Cruiser with a 22 ft Alaskan Freighter atop and a swing-away rear bumper outfitted with a Copperhead surface drive. Come say hello.

That will be fun. Have had lots of interest in my own Copperhead! I could have sold 5 or 6 of them while stopping in Teslin for gas! First Nations guys especially get pretty exited by the possibility just looking at them. I'll stop by and say hello!

you dragging any freighters over to sell?