Thread: Citabria rear shoulder harness

Default Citabria rear shoulder harness

I need to install a rear shoulder harness in my 7GCBC. Any Citabria guys out there that have done this recently? I know hooker has a STC to wrap around the rear tube cluster, but this seems to be more of an aerobatic harness setup. Unless I'm mistaken, the FAA is fairly forgiving on installing shoulder harnesses. I was thinking using a Atlee Dodge clamp and installing it on the upper cross tube just above and behind the rear seat. Anyone have any experience with this? Good intel may lead to a free beer (or 2)!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I need to install a rear shoulder harness in my 7GCBC. Any Citabria guys out there that have done this recently? I know hooker has a STC to wrap around the rear tube cluster, but this seems to be more of an aerobatic harness setup. Unless I'm mistaken, the FAA is fairly forgiving on installing shoulder harnesses. I was thinking using a Atlee Dodge clamp and installing it on the upper cross tube just above and behind the rear seat. Anyone have any experience with this? Good intel may lead to a free beer (or 2)!!!!

You won't be sorry if you use aerobatic harnesses front and back . . . . .

Read AC43.13-2B chapter 9.

Stop by Northland on the East ramp, they have done more than anyone around.

I have Hookers in my GCBC and I like them.