Thread: Looking for a Sensenich 74DM6-0-52 Prop

Default Looking for a Sensenich 74DM6-0-52 Prop

Looking for a 74DM6-0-52 prop for my plane.
    This pitch does what I need and is "legal" for my plane, as well.
    Not sure if there are other props out there that would work w/stc?
    Thanks,
    Jess
    Flying my plane between our Anchorage & Soldotna stores saves me more than 300 hours of driving each year!

What plane and engine?
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

57 Tripacer PA-22-150
    Flying my plane between our Anchorage & Soldotna stores saves me more than 300 hours of driving each year!

I have a PA-22-150. Currently running a 58 inch pitch. Not sure I would want a 52, will be interested to hear how you like it.

I have a 56 pitch prop with 100 hours on it sitting here...keep thinking I am going to put it on but have not had a reason. They can be repitched, so if you want one of them, let me know.
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

Default 52 pitch prop

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Hamon View Post
    I have a PA-22-150. Currently running a 58 inch pitch. Not sure I would want a 52, will be interested to hear how you like it.

I have a 56 pitch prop with 100 hours on it sitting here...keep thinking I am going to put it on but have not had a reason. They can be repitched, so if you want one of them, let me know.

I tried a 52 to see if it would do what I want. It does, and it is within TCDS rpm guidelines for a PA-22-150. With 58, take off roll was 650' w/full fuel, emergency gear, and pilot. With 52, same conditions, 400' and climb was awesome. Might have lost about 5mph in cruise, but gained a little fuel economy... kinda evens out. I'm trying to find a true 52 instead of one re-pitched if I can. Just in case... what do you want for your 56?
    Thanks,
    Jess

Jess
    I have had a two factory new props. Both had to be corrected to the proper listed pitch!!! Having a prop re-pitched just means you know what you have!!! Troy is a the real deal I would buy a prop from him any day of the week. Dominion can make it whatever you want. Thread drift you boys going to be at fedex show.
    DENNY

Thx Denny. Yes, planning on going to the GAAG & bringing my supercub winning (hopefully) ticket, too. Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by jessinak View Post
    I tried a 52 to see if it would do what I want. It does, and it is within TCDS rpm guidelines for a PA-22-150. With 58, take off roll was 650' w/full fuel, emergency gear, and pilot. With 52, same conditions, 400' and climb was awesome. Might have lost about 5mph in cruise, but gained a little fuel economy... kinda evens out. I'm trying to find a true 52 instead of one re-pitched if I can. Just in case... what do you want for your 56?
    Thanks,
    Jess
    Wow, pretty substantial difference. I have a bit of time in a friend's tripacer with some sort of mystery prop on it, not sure the pitch. I believe it might be a cub prop, but though it spins up way high in cruise and has to be backed way down, it still didn't do much for takeoff. Have not flown a PA-22 with a known pitch less than the 56, so no experience other than the one I mentioned. Interesting to see some numbers from a 52. Almost tempting...

Check pm's regarding my prop.
    14 Days to Alaska

Engine, carb, & tach ck'd, AOK!
    This morning's Take off performance... 360ft. Pilot, gear, & 22 gal fuel. Will be an interesting summer!

Will have to put a similar load in mine and see what I get. Any breeze? What is the landing distance in the same configuration?
    14 Days to Alaska

No breeze, calm, and about 40F. I'm interested in trying at max weight under similar conditions next. Landing was about the same distance, need a little more practice, though. Wasn't pretty, but effective.

Flew in the contest with my stock PA22 with 58 pitch at the Sourdough Fly In yesterday. Breeze was 10 to 15, so had some help there. Takeoff was 261'. Awful long compared to the cubs...but pretty much right where I expected. Landing contest is spot landing, not short field, so no landing data.

Would be interesting to try a 52, but I like flying over 100 mph...so...probably not.
    14 Days to Alaska

Been flying my Tripacer with the 52 pitch prop now for a while. Was running the 58 pitch at 2350 and am running the 52 at 2450. The time to/from SXQ to ANC is the same, same fuel burn, & manifold pressure is quite a bit less. Benefits are an significant improvement in climb, take-off, and much easier on the engine. I did have my Tripacer dynamically balanced and that was another big improvement. I'm very happy with the 52 prop.