Thread: Kenda Executioners

Default Kenda Executioners

Considering them as a replacement tire on my 2016 Ranger 800 6x6. Looking at the 27x12-12 for rear & 27x10-12 on front.
    Primarily hunting & exploring here in Alaska. Stock everything else...
    Opinions???
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Very hard compound tire. They tend to be very slick on wet hard surfaces. They do clean out good in the mud. Decent tires but wouldn't be one of my 1st choices. Father in law has then on a sportsman 6x6 and a rzr. He likes them.
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

So what would you recommend?
    Vance in AK.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

All depends on what type of terrain you typically ride in. Google is your friend on this subject. There are tons and tons of forum discussions and reviews and comparisons on all different types of tires. Personally I went with an 8 ply all terrain radial and couldn't be happier
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

I did search a fair amount and the Executioners came out near the top hence the inquiry. But I'm definitely open to suggestions from folks with experience. That's why I asked. Can I ask what specific tire you are running? You mentioned 8 ply & puncture resistance is definitely a priority for me (and one plus I read a lot on the executioners).
    Vance in AK.

We have Maxxis Bighorns on our Honda SXS. Like 'em.

Sorry I lied mine are 6 ply radials. I went with black diamond sti's. They are similar to pitbulls which are 8 ply.

I will tell you this. Steer away from going with a very aggressive mud tire. I'd rather do more winching than to break as many axles as I do. There is a happy medium.

Whay are you running on your rig and what do you recommend? I don't want to change a-arms or go to a lift right now but I do want all the height I can get. I also don't want to break stuff. Reliability is a top priority with me. I'm heading back to Oregon Monday to see my mom & may or may not be back on your next rotation home. Looking forward to seeing your rig & picking your brain sometime soon.
    Vance in AK.

Folks around Ak have been very happy with the Mega Mayhem tires. Chad at A2D powersports in Anc as well as other carry them in state and are priced **** good. 28" mega's will fit under your 6x6 without any lift or mods. I would strongly suggest doing the steering stop no matter what tire you run. Even stock tires. It will save you a broken axle at some point and it's only like $25.

I ran 27' Itp Xtr's on mine the 1st couple years I had it and really had no complaints with them. Other than wanting something a bit more aggressive than what they are for some of what I do. Well, I went to 28" Gorilla Silverbacks. They are about as aggressive of a tractor tire as you can get for an atv. With these, I've started to find the weak links in the drivetrain. They bite hard. Too hard at times. I should have probably just gone with a set of Mega's.

I'm going with a set of 30" Maxxis Zillas on our 6x6...not as aggressive Mega's but they are essentially the same thing just lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a 2014 Ranger 6x6. I immediately replaced the stock tires with the Kendas in the same sizes you listed and sold the stock tires. Love the Kendas on everything but pavement. They are not made for speed, but I pretty much only ride trails and hunt with it. I don't need speed. They grab like crazy, and as mentioned, the more aggressive the tire, the less aggressive you need to drive because of stress on the axles. I haven't broken one yet, but I go slow and steady. I will say i have been in some pretty bad muck and they will keep pushing you unless you hit a stump or 3, just keep it in low and creep along. They are great climbers too. Buddy and I sheep hunted last year and got on a trail straight up the mountain that I didn't want to finish because it got so steep but they did a great job crawling. No complaints from me and they look badass. My buddy has a Ranger 4x4 with full steel cab and stock tires and his looks like a Ranger Jr. next to mine.

I bought an extended warranty through RPM One instead of Polaris because Polaris wanted like $2500 and RPM was $800 for 4 extra years. All I cared about was electrical and axles, and RPM covers it all. Haven't needed it, but it's nice to have that peace of mind.

I don't know about all these other tires, but 27" is as big as you can go with the Kendas. 28s would be too close if not touching between the rear tires.

couple photos of it
    IMG_3977.jpgIMG_3982.jpg

the worst mud it was in yet - pushed through until i hit a stump
    IMG_4056.jpgIMG_4071.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Considering them as a replacement tire on my 2016 Ranger 800 6x6. Looking at the 27x12-12 for rear & 27x10-12 on front.
    Primarily hunting & exploring here in Alaska. Stock everything else...
    Opinions???
    My buddy has had them on his 6x6 ranger for 4 years. Great tires! They "pull" through the mud holes and no need to risk breaking things. They are hard tires, but have shined with no flats.

Love my mega mayhems. They ride nice while cruzing only notice them when backing in and out of the garage but at any speed their smooth. I hardly need to put into 4wd when out messing around. Great tire and Chad at A2D Sledworks has pretty good prices. I bought mine off amazon before I knew they sold them and he could have gotten me a better deal.

I really appreciate everyone's input. I ended up going with the executioners.
    I'm an old guy and a pretty low throttle pressure kinda guy now days and I already have the steering stop to install so hopefully I won't be breaking stuff.
    Had a friend coming up from Oregon who said I could get them delivered to him freight free down there and he would bring them up for nothing. Price from discount places came to just under $700 For the set of 6 tires. Just for grins and giggles I called Alyeska tire in Kenai. They have a bunch coming in their regular shipment. Total price for all six tires... just under $700 :-) I get to buy local and it's not costing me anything extra but the tax! A2D Sledworks was right at $1000 for mud lite Xtr so that helped in the decision.
    Thanks again for everyone's input
    Vance in AK.