Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DuraCoat dealers in AK?

Hijacking here! My custom "Classic Stainless" Mod. 70 has the Mag na port Inc. Velvet Hone Finish. I spent hours smoothing/slicking up the action and bolt on this rifle and it is smooth. What is the slickest black coating available for just the bolt? Some thing that is self lubricating? Is it Duracote, Birdsongs Black T, or some thing else?

Don't know for sure but I've had Vince in Anchorage send several rifles and three shotguns out for Black T and I have never looked back or considered any other coating. JMHO
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    Hijacking here! My custom "Classic Stainless" Mod. 70 has the Mag na port Inc. Velvet Hone Finish. I spent hours smoothing/slicking up the action and bolt on this rifle and it is smooth. What is the slickest black coating available for just the bolt? Some thing that is self lubricating? Is it Duracote, Birdsongs Black T, or some thing else?
    NP3 from Robar. I’m not sure about the black though. All the ones they’ve done for me are kind of stainless looking finish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12