Thread: Advice on someone to work on a cabin in the Glacierview area

Default Advice on someone to work on a cabin in the Glacierview area

I have a cabin in the Glacierview area off the glenn highway. I am looking for someone to look at my cabin and advise me and do some modest structural work, and to advise on potentially building an addition. We intend to move there full time, but we would need a modest addition to accommodate as we grow older. Its a very well built cabin so we are looking for someone to do quality work.

Thanks!

Call Jay Friesen owner of Jay Friesen's Custom Cabins at 746-2082 He is from Palmer area and has a ton of experience along with doing good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hkrjohn View Post
    I have a cabin in the Glacierview area off the glenn highway. I am looking for someone to look at my cabin and advise me and do some modest structural work, and to advise on potentially building an addition. We intend to move there full time, but we would need a modest addition to accommodate as we grow older. Its a very well built cabin so we are looking for someone to do quality work.

Thanks!

Paul with Big Rock Construction is a great guy and specializes in remote cabin building.
    Right here in Wasilla.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    Call Jay Friesen owner of Jay Friesen's Custom Cabins at 746-2082 He is from Palmer area and has a ton of experience along with doing good work.
    ditto for Jay
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"
    2018 12' Moto Jet "River Pup"

Friesens may do good work but,are not courteous to others when they are working in a subdivision. Leaving equipment blocking roads and driveways, and tearing up roads without fixing them.

I've had Mike Stitt and his boys help me with some things, he does a lot of restoration work, but is capable of most anything you might need. He's in the Hatcher Pass area, but he travels all over. 907-841-1900

I want to thank everyone for their responses. I have a couple phone call s to make!

Chuck Gerwig is a builder and lives in the glacier view area. I would not hesitate to have him work on my place. He was one of the fellas a couple years ago that was on some national TV show about building in Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain joe View Post
    Chuck Gerwig is a builder and lives in the glacier view area. I would not hesitate to have him work on my place. He was one of the fellas a couple years ago that was on some national TV show about building in Alaska.
    I was coming here to say the same thing!

Sounds perfect, thank you.

Sorry for the belated update to this thread. I hired Chuck Gerwig this past summer for what turned out to be extensive work and he and his crew did a great job on multiple projects. Thanks everyone for the recommendation. I certainly recommend him for anyone needing a professional contractor. Cheers!

Great to hear! Any chance you have some pics to share?

Quote Originally Posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
    Great to hear! Any chance you have some pics to share?
    44C6C3BE-4F9A-499C-8001-1C015F5F4A47.jpg

a couple pics
    Attached Images Attached Images