Thread: Looong Distance ATV Ride possibilities

Default Looong Distance ATV Ride possibilities

Here you go Polarisnut. A thread for discussion all winter.

When you look at the map of alaska you can almost eliminate 75% of the state due to legal and physical obstacles to a long atv jaunt.
    My longest trip was 170 miles thru the central Brooks range and out on to the north side of the Range and back in a loop. 2 atvs and 2 argos in the 1980s. I'm pretty positive the only way to duplicate any long trips like that thru National Park land and reserve land will require you to marry some Nunimuit eskimo girls and become park residents first
    OK I'll suggest a long atv trip for discussion: From somewhere on the Denali Hwy to the Eureka Lodge on the Glenn Hwy.

Default Maps

I don't have any suggestions on where to go but here are some resources to help figure out where you might be able to go:

A link to a map of "Who Ownes/Manages Alaska?"

http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/kodiak/gi...s_finished.pdf

A link to a map of "State of Alaska General Land Status." Similar to the map above but in much more detail (a much bigger download too)

http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/kodiak/gi...tatus_clip.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    OK I'll suggest a long atv trip for discussion: From somewhere on the Denali Hwy to the Eureka Lodge on the Glenn Hwy.
    I'm not any sort of an ATV authority but the owner of the Gratias House on Denali Highway said guys DO that trip; Eureka to Gratias House and back. He said they do it in the big rigs though, not ATV's-maybe too much water?

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    I'm not any sort of an ATV authority but the owner of the Gratias House on Denali Highway said guys DO that trip; Eureka to Gratias House and back. He said they do it in the big rigs though, not ATV's-maybe too much water?

Tim
    Ya I know they've done the trip in Big rigs