Thread: Trail use reminder

Default Trail use reminder

Just want to remind all trail users to please remember to respect other users. Hauling freight to Alexander Creek yesterday 3 wheeled side by sides had tore up the trail pretty badly in narrow deep snow areas of the trail. People do not realize, or in some cases care that others have to use the trail for different reasons, weather for pleasure or the need to being supplies in to your homestead. When the conditions are right knock yourself out and have fun! When they are not consider the damage you might do to others rights to access the same trails. People have damaged and rolled their sleds after hitting 4x4 ruts. Consider the dangers of not seeing your ruts after a snow fall. In the same sense it is just not 4x4 riders who disrespect the trail as we all know, just please use your common sense when it comes to responsible trail use. There is getting to many people that don't respect others and their right to use the same trails.

Constant problem north of Captain Cook State Park. People go out there in large groups to play and see who can get stuck the worst. Full size vehicles and all. Along comes Mr. Cabin Owner attempting to haul in a few supplies to his cabin, and out of sight he goes.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    Constant problem north of Captain Cook State Park. People go out there in large groups to play and see who can get stuck the worst. Full size vehicles and all. Along comes Mr. Cabin Owner attempting to haul in a few supplies to his cabin, and out of sight he goes.
    That is what we call the Townie attitude!

While I would like to take the ATV's and SxS out more during the winter, I do not. Like others I like to ride the snow machines on some what decent trails. We so far as to stay off the trails during break up so not to tear up the trails. That is just us though!

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bearcat View Post
    While I would like to take the ATV's and SxS out more during the winter, I do not. Like others I like to ride the snow machines on some what decent trails. We so far as to stay off the trails during break up so not to tear up the trails. That is just us though!
    Wish more people had your common sense AK Bearcat!