Thread: Bait and Hunting Partner

Default Bait and Hunting Partner

Is anyone looking for a hunting or bait stand partner? This will be my first year hunting blk bear but just took course and passed to get permit. I'm located in Anchorage and am willing to travel reasonable distance to hunt.

shoot me an email....one.river@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vitopure21 View Post
    Is anyone looking for a hunting or bait stand partner? This will be my first year hunting blk bear but just took course and passed to get permit. I'm located in Anchorage and am willing to travel reasonable distance to hunt.
    I am in the same boat as you. But I live in Wasilla.

I'm in Fairbanks, I would totally let you partner with me if you were in the area.

Second, there is no shame in asking to partner with someone with experience but,I would challenge you (and anyone else who thinks they need an experienced partner to bear bait) is to just go out and do it! there is tons of info on this site and the ADF&G web page. that's what I did, granted we haven't shot a bear yet but have been close (we had bears hit the station the last week of season). but I have learned a lot and got lots of time in the field that I wouldn't have if I just kept hoping someone would take me with them.

Again there is no shame in asking! I just don't want you to miss out on a fun experience and a chance at a bear just because you couldn't find someone who is willing to take you.

Bear baiting is actually pretty easy. Location is key. Get away from the majority of others and put in the effort. Aside from that, be ready to dedicate the time. If I didn't have a partner or two as dedicated as I am, I'd surely be doing it solo. Best of luck and if you'd like advice or help just ask.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I did find someone to help give me some knowledge and partner with. This is one of the greatest things I love about this site. All the info and help for fellow outdoor enthusiasts.