Thread: Have you checked out Gahm's Guns yet?

Default Have you checked out Gahm's Guns yet?

Jason Gahm opened a store in the Peninsula Center Mall. He was working out of his home/shop in Nikiski. I believe he is a very good gunsmith. He has stuff for sale in the store in addition to doing smith work. I was in there a few days ago and he had a steady stream of people coming in. Nice to have another place to get work done. Check him out next time you're in the Mall. Tues.- Sat.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I'm headed in there tomorrow to talk to him about a cerakote. Nice to have someone on the peninsula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anybody needed a good general smith in the Mat-Su Valley, who would you go to? I need a 300 Savage headspaced, among other things. Thanks

I stopped in today. He's pretty backed up so if you want it done by spring better get it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I have. I gave him some work a couple of weeks ago. I hope it works out ok for him.

I had Jason Gahm redo the alignment on my front and rear sights and they now look perfect. Cost about a hundred bucks for two new holes and took a little over a month. Prior to that he welded up the pressed on bolt sleeve on a Mod. 70 for me and did a good job.

Gunsmiths and pool cue makers are the same, give them your stuff and tell them what you want done. After that they get to it when they get to it.

I wish it was like a car repair shop where you make an appointment and drop your car off and pick it up a couple days later. I mean it can just as well sit in my house as their shop if it ain't being worked on right? But, that is not the way it is and with any decent gun smith one can plan on being with out your beloved fire arm until they get motivated to work on it.

Then again, who wants to rush a guy who is working on your precious firearm, we all do some what.

He's closed his shop in the Mall and moved it to the Kenai Spur, almost across from Enstar. And yeah, he is pretty knowledgeable and competent from what I've seen
    Don't want no one to get hurt, but if yore gonna have a wreck, I wanna watch.

Actually, one of the good things about Jason is that he's from up here, went Outside to gunsmithing school, and now is back. It's nice to work with a gunsmith who understands regular Alaskans, because some of them don't seem to.
    Jason did a whole bunch of work for us this summer. He ended up having to fix some things that had been done in the past, and that took some extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Genna-AK View Post
    Actually, one of the good things about Jason is that he's from up here, went Outside to gunsmithing school, and now is back. It's nice to work with a gunsmith who understands regular Alaskans, because some of them don't seem to.
    Jason did a whole bunch of work for us this summer. He ended up having to fix some things that had been done in the past, and that took some extra time.
    I brought a pistol to him that was assembled incorrectly by the previous owner. Jason took it down, assembled it correctly, and handed it right back to me. No charge. Great customer service.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.