Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: First boat for the Copper River?

I took it out on the lake today and I have to admit, I was pretty timid with it (my first boat), so I asked a friend to take me for a ride and WOW! it really ran great. I need to spend some time in it to get use to it. When I'm in it by my self it leans to the right.....should I get some sand bags to put on the left side when riding alone? Also, I forgot to put the Styrofoam back in under the floor, so I guess I should pull the floors back up and put it back in.....? The welder said to just leave it out.....

I did not follow the thread completely but beware of putting any pressure treated wood in an aluminm boat. Modern wood pressure treating chemicals are very corosive to aluminum, especially with water/moisture, and even more with salt water. Hence the requirements for builders to use thick coat galvanized hardware or stainless steel hardware with modern treated wood. Just my opinion as a remodeling contractor. Marine garde plywood may be a better option. SBS is Wasilla used to stock it a few years back when I was looking to replace some seat in a Lund.

I had never heard that before, thanks....I was just talking to a friend about replacing it with diamond plate aluminum.....later on.

If you google the subject, you’ll find many articles about it. All pressure treated woods do not use the same chemicals/formulas and/or amounts. It is just not a risk I would take with other options availabe. Wet, carpet wrapped sidebunks can cause corosion too if the board inside is treated.

Anyone know if the fuel pump on my 95 C115 is strong enough to pump the fuel out of the in floor fuel tanks, through a fuel water separator and to the engine? It looks kind of small...the fuel pump.

Also, since this is running mixed fuel, what should the ratio be? I read the factory says 100:1, but also most recommend 50:1??

I started a new thread for the question above...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345