Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly Fishing Film Festival tickets on sale now

Default Fly Fishing Film Festival tickets on sale now

http://beartooththeatre.net/movies/f...tour-2017-f3t/

The tickets for the film festival at the Bear Tooth are on sale now. There are two shows (5:30 and 8:30) on March 23rd, and these always sell out pretty quickly.

We attended a 'Wild and Scenic' film festival in Kenai. Turns out it was just a bunch of propaganda against oil drilling in Alaska. Also they were against the dam on the Susitna, but that isn't getting built anyway. They did serve us pizza though.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I know it's a long shot and it may not even be legal for me to ask, but if anyone has any tickets they aren't going to use please send me a pm. I waited too long this year and now they are all sold out.

Thoughts on this years film fest? Didn't like it as much as years past, too much talking and not enough fishing.
    hook, line, sinker, done.

I agree with you, FishAK. Seems like they take a step down each year. Maybe it's because this year focused more on the salt and tarpon which I can't associate with, although I did enjoy the Sand Flea one (what a good, passionate guy). Don't get me wrong as it was still entertaining and I enjoyed a few of the films. Ending with the over the top propaganda film did leave a bad taste in my mouth though.

I can't complain, since Akfreezerfiller was generous enough to offer free tickets to my wife and I. Can't thank you enough man. I really appreciate it. Rep points coming your way. As for the show, I agree there was more talk and less action than usual, but still had a good time. I was surprised there was very little if any at all steelhead action. I always enjoy watching the steelhead in SE Alaska or British Columbia. My favorite parts were the tarpon, permit, bonefish, taimen, and pike fishing segments.

that pike fishing was awesome! The other shot that was really cool was the drone video of the taimen
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Glad they were enjoyed, Bushwhack! The films definitely did their job of getting me hyped for fishing...trying to sneak some Michigan steelhead fishing into a company trip the week after next. Tired of my buddy down there teasing me with pics every other day.

Quote Originally Posted by AKFreezerFiller View Post
    Glad they were enjoyed, Bushwhack! The films definitely did their job of getting me hyped for fishing...trying to sneak some Michigan steelhead fishing into a company trip the week after next. Tired of my buddy down there teasing me with pics every other day.
    Right on! I used to fish for steelhead down in the UP of Michigan when I was a kid. That was a long time ago. Of course, some would argue they technically are not steelhead since they don't go to the ocean. But they sure are fun to catch! Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Right on! I used to fish for steelhead down in the UP of Michigan when I was a kid. That was a long time ago. Of course, some would argue they technically are not steelhead since they don't go to the ocean. But they sure are fun to catch! Good luck to you.
    I grew up fishing Lake Superior tribs for fake steelies in the Western U.P. That's my homeland. Now is the time down there!
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post
    I grew up fishing Lake Superior tribs for fake steelies in the Western U.P. That's my homeland. Now is the time down there!
    Yeah, good times. Although I never used flies for them. We mostly tied up bags of spawn. But it sure was a lot of fun.

My buddy has been doing very well in the Muskegon area but he said he will just see what looks best when I get down there. He fishes Centerpin and plugs mainly but I will bring my flyrod also. Just see what works.

That's my home turf.... Fished the Muskegon all winter for steel and centerpin is my game. Headed to Ontario here last week of April to fish the LK Superior tribs for wild steel the same week I get back from Your great state of AK from a coastal blackie hunt/fishing trip (April 13-25th). Small world that there is a bunch of you Alaska guys up there dreaming about fishing down here, while I'm dreaming about fishing up there. If you guys ever find yourself in Michigan from End of November - March I'd be more than happy to take you out on my jet sled for steel. Attachment 92870Attachment 92871

Michigan was a blast. Two full days (sunrise to sunset) of fishing with a good buddy. Hike-in fishing on the White River the first day and drifted the Muskegon the second day. Lots of steelhead and a couple drop-back walleye.

Michigan was a blast. Two full days (sunrise to sunset) of fishing with a good buddy. Hike-in fishing on the White River the first day and drifted the Muskegon the second day. Lots of steelhead and a couple drop-back walleye.

Nice!!! Looks like a lot of fun.

AKFreezerFiller....I recognize that 2nd pic all too well. Nice work!

Thanks, dhosera.

I am hoping to make it down there again in December as my buddy said that is the best month. If I do, I will look you up.

How did your Alaska trip pan out?

Great report Freezer Filler. I've canoed part of the White and used to float fish the Muskegon down from Croton. Used to float/fish from High Rollaway too but can't remember much of that, just that it was beautiful and I did well enough to keep going there for evening brown trout. Soft shell crayfish fished from dusk to slap dark with a light line, wolf-river sinker rig a flyrod and spinning reel. I caught some fish but also saw and heard lots of deer, coons, otter, whippoorwills and other birds along and on the Muskegon river. Just beautiful.

Cut my teeth on steelies fishing the Rogue River in Kent County below the Childsdale dam for several years in the early and mid - 1970's.

Too many people and not enough work when I finished college so I left in 1982 for good. Fond memories of Michigan but too many people in southern MI. Almost moved to the UP around L'Anse - Crystal Falls. Job didn't pan out so I moved on to Alaska. Glad I did. What an adventure :-)

Looking to move to POW Island finally in a couple of years. I intend to haunt steel head rivers as much as possible, fish for other fresh water and anadromous fish, fill our needs with deer, salmon and vegetables from our garden.

Great post. Glad to see Michigan rivers again, looking forward to the next adventures.
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

Your buddy must be a pretty good guide!!

Quite the history, Woodsman. Thanks for sharing.

I was very impressed by Michigan as it has a lot of similar outdoor opportunities to Alaska. Definitely much more population dense in parts but seems like you can escape that to some extent.

POW has been a target for me both fishing and hunting for some time. Hoping I get the chance to make it down there in the next few years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast