Thread: Fabricator for Custom Rack

Default Fabricator for Custom Rack

We are swapping machines around this year and will end up with an X2 and Ranger sometime before summer (unless I decide to wait and see what shakes loose with Polaris on whether there will be a 2018 6x6). Regardless, I'll need a rack for the bed area--would like something tubular aluminum with roof and rack on top--Anyone have a local welder that they have used with good results at fair price?

Would like it done right and have it last, so not expecting it to be cheap, but fair. Really like the cryptocage.com designs, but with it being steel and trying to freight up fwith on outsid, would much, much prefer a local fabricator if I can find one. Maybe have them make a roof for the cab at the same time.

Thanks folks.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Forum member AKMUD sure seems to put together some quality projects at reasonable prices. You might shoot him a PM.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Haven't used him yet, but have been talking with this guy. Found him on craigslist. You can see his work on there (a few pictures)

Jason Neyman (907)715-2007AlumiNeyman Welding and Fabrication LLC
    www.AlumiNeyman.com

Another vote for AKMUD.
    Does excellent work.
    Bk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Greatland welding is top notch also.
    Bk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Alaska frontier (behind six robbers in wasilla) did mine for my big boss.

Sent when I should be doing my chores.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwill View Post
    We are swapping machines around this year and will end up with an X2 and Ranger sometime before summer (unless I decide to wait and see what shakes loose with Polaris on whether there will be a 2018 6x6). Regardless, I'll need a rack for the bed area--would like something tubular aluminum with roof and rack on top--Anyone have a local welder that they have used with good results at fair price?

Would like it done right and have it last, so not expecting it to be cheap, but fair. Really like the cryptocage.com designs, but with it being steel and trying to freight up fwith on outsid, would much, much prefer a local fabricator if I can find one. Maybe have them make a roof for the cab at the same time.

Thanks folks.
    Your inbox is full. I can also fab up anything you need out of steel or aluminum tube or pipe. I use bend tech software so you would see the complete rack to scale before you spend any money.

Fixed my inbox. I'll give AKmud a call soon to explore my options--and also saw the Ranger Rack that AlumiNeyman built on Craigslist. I sent him an email inquiring further but he never responded. I didn't try to call and follow up yet as we decided to wait a little while before buying.

We sold our RZR 1000xp4 a couple weeks back, so planned to turn right around and buy a new highlifter Ranger, but now kind of want to wait and see if the 6x6 Range reappears in the 2018 lineup with new cab and 900 or 1000 engine. So that also has my Rack project on obvious hold till we find out which machine.

As a general proposition, if you haven't seen the Rack and tote table AlumiNeyman made, it's pretty slick. That roof and Rack has an over about extension from the bed though that I would likely avoid. I think a nice idea would be a separate custom cab roof with Rack, then one around the bed with its own separate roof and Rack. Should prove incredibly functional.

I love AK muds Rack he built with pins to capture the legs of a tripod stand. That's an awesome idea. A buddy of mine several years ago pieced together his own Rack on his Argo and carried a folding ladder that he would set up and Rachel strap down onto the roof. Sure made glassing flats a a lot easier.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.