Thread: Jim creek Reds or Silvers?

Default Jim creek Reds or Silvers?

Anyone seeing any reds or silvers showing up in Jim creek yet?

Eagle River, AK

Default silvers and reds

should be showing up anyday now. Go up there and scope it out. I would but I plan on hitting little sue this weekend. Gonna try my luck up there.

Wasilla, Alaska

havent heard anything about jim creek but eklutna has landed a couple silvers.

Last week in July they should be trickling in. Anything before that is usually a waste of time.

Default Jim Creek, Eklutna

Fished Eklutna yesterday and saw only red kings playing around in the water and with our lines. One ran with mine forever! Saw probably 4 hooked, none taken and no silvers anywhere so far. Should be soon though. Jim Creek is assessable, but it is a little early. Try the middle of next week maybe.

Default Jim Creek and Eklutna

Fished jim creek and eklutna today. No bites and no sign of reds or silvers yet. Someone said they caught a silver in Eklutna last night but I think I will give it another week. Sure are a lot of dead and dying kings in the upper portion of the tailrace. Sure seems like a waste to let them die off and not be salvaged. I wouldn't mind seeing it open for snagging after the 4th of july weekend.