Thread: Any DM 789 success?

Default Any DM 789 success?

Did anyone on here hunt DM 789 (Creamers Field, Fairbanks) and have any success this year? I drew it and thought that would be a pretty good chance to score, even for a hunter like me. Unfortunately, I still struck out.

I hoped for another chance but didn't draw any muzzleloader hunts for the coming season....Now what excuse can I come up with for going out to practice with my Great Plains Rifle every day?
    Louis Knapp

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    ....Now what excuse can I come up with for going out to practice with my Great Plains Rifle every day?
    Drop your charges down to around 30 grains of 3f and take off after snowshoe hare heads. Probably no need at all to change your sights from the present setting, and those light loads are one-hole accurate at 25 yards and a little beyond. I bet I shoot over 100 snowshoe hare for every one shot at big game. More fun than you can imagine!
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Great advice, thanks! Even if I don't get one It'll be a good excuse to not put the GPR away for the rest of the winter and I'll continue to get exercise stomping over snow drifts.
    Louis Knapp