Thread: Eberlestock 107 or Badlands 4500

Default Eberlestock 107 or Badlands 4500

Trying to decided which one to buy. Anyone have experience with both or any thing stand out good or bad on either one? I am thinking I would like to use it to keep various levels of survival gear in cub when working and double as my hunting pack when not working.

Default Badlands

The Badlands 4500 will handle a good load (120#+) better than the Eberlestock.

Good luck.

I own the newest version of the 4500 - Its a nice, well built pack, the only thing I think I can knock it on is that its a pretty heavy pack when empty...but on the same note, the weight rides incredibly well.

Lightbulb

While I have no experience with the eberlestock, i do with the badlands and i would go with that. you can't go wrong with a badlands.

Default 107 Is comfortable

I just picked up the 107 and it is built really well. It has a ton of straps and compartments which is a plus. The suspension system is adjustable, so I can place the weight exactly where I want to. I like how it can be a day pack and expand out to a freighter. So far it rides really nice and is comfortable when packing in the mountains. We'll see how well it packs a goat next month, if I'm lucky.

I bought an 07 Badlands 4500 yesterday for $315. I didn't have a chance to look at a 104 or 107, but their smaller ones looked nice. I have about 50lbs total w/ bag so far. Will have a few more items to jam in it yet and then give it a try.

I have the 107 and love it. Got it last year and haven't looked back. I like the idea of being able to use it as a small pack then put meat in and go with it expanded. You don't have a lot of extra pack hanging out when packing in light because it all zips up. If you plan on doing bow hunting or don't need a gun boot then it might not make sense to get the 107 as it has the boot built in but I would use it even bow hunting just tucking in the lower portion of the boot. Good luck to you. Go check out a 107 and try it on, you won't be dissapointed.