Thread: Federal Land won't be sold

March thru October, Kenai Peninsula Alaska. I'm laid off and winter in Northern MN.

Default Federal Land won't be sold

I won't comment due to my job, but I thought you would find this article informative, I know it is not Alaska, however this could be an indicator of what may lay ahead for Alaska.

In the small hours of Thursday morning, US congressman Jason Chaffetz announced that he would withdraw a bill he introduced last week that would have ordered the incoming secretary of the interior to immediately sell off 3.3m acres of national land.
    Chaffetz, a representative from Utah, wrote on Instagram that he had a change of heart in the face of strong opposition from “groups I support and care about” who, he said, “fear it sends the wrong message”.
    House bill 621 had ignited a firestorm of indignation from conservationists but also from hunters and fishermen, who contribute to the $646bn generated by outdoor recreation across the US each year.

Here is the link

Linden

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...jason-chaffetz
    May the rivers be crooked and winding, and the portages lonesome, leading to the most "Amazing View".

Quote Originally Posted by LindenTree View Post
    ...who, he said, “fear it sends the wrong message”.
    The message it sends is that he's an idiot.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It