Thread: Looking for a little help

Default Looking for a little help

Howdy,
    I'm looking for a little help figuring the weight of a load of moose hunting gear for two.

I know...a ton of variables...(all pun intended).

Figure weight somewhere between less than a "cast iron skillet" trip and more than a "cut the handles off the toothbrushes" trip.

I just don't have the time or ability to get my gear all weighed-up. Nobody else does either, I know...but I figured someone here made note the last time they packed.

Thanks all,
    -MT

"Gun control is a proven failure in fighting crime. Law abiding citizens should not be asked to give up their rights because of criminals."
    -John McCain

yea, as you mention, lots of variables. For just me on my canoe hunt, and I do take cast iron, and a cooler, went smaller on tent this year... 200 pounds? I figure, me, a cut up moose, and gear at about 1000 pounds.

Beauty. That's about the same ballpark that I was thinking.

And many thanks. ...I was about to give up on this place as a good source of collaborative knowledge...

"Gun control is a proven failure in fighting crime. Law abiding citizens should not be asked to give up their rights because of criminals."
    -John McCain

MT:

My outfits that we rent are 3 man camps-Cabelas 6 man tents with full kitchen, coleman propane Cook Stoves, Cots, chairs, tables tarp thermal rest pads and all the bells needed. My drop camps tip the scaled at 125 pounds. We also offer a light weight option for Super Cub Flyouts that are between 38-45 pounds.

Visit my web site and it gives a better break down.

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Outfitters
    www.northwestalaska.net
    907-259-4290
    Attached Images Attached Images

I forgot to add that if your looking at a float we offer 14 foot round boats cut way down (frame) to reduce weight that tip the scale at 155 + or -
    Our Round boats have a 1800 pound capacity so the weight to benefit ration is very goos. We also offer SOAR Canoes that haul 1,300 pounds and weigh 75 pounds, also a good trade off for fly out float hunts.

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Outfitters
    907-259-4290
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks much. I appreciate your time and assistance.

-John McCain