Thread: Cabelas Carnivore or LEM Users?

Default Cabelas Carnivore or LEM Users?

Quick question for you folks if I may...I know many of you seem to own (and like) the older generation Cabelas grinders, but for those of you who own the new Carnivore, I'd love to hear what you think of it. I'm planning on ordering a new grinder this week and I'm torn between the Carnivore and an LEM (either will likely be the .75 HP for my needs). Thank you!

We bought the new 1hp carnivore and love it. It never slows down and will grind whatever goes in the throat. Nice and quiet too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Being Built (27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse)
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# UNK
    Boat Name Unknown

I have the original cabelas model in 1 3/4 horse and absolutely love it. it is great for grinding and stuffing. I have processed between 50 and 75 animals ranging from deer to cattle with mine since I got it and I have no complaints about it at all. I used a large Hobart before getting this grinder and this one will do everything my Hobart did, and can fit on a countertop whereas the Hobart was a huge free standing unit. I have no experience with the LEM.

Thanks gang- appreciate your input- just placed an order!

I have the LEM .75 hp and have no complaints. I own an LEM grinder, stuffer and food dehydrator. I even buy seasonings from LEM. I love their products!!!
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

I have a .75 or 1st, I can't remember. But it's processed 5 animals so far and hasn't slowed down for anything yet. NY only regret was not buying it years ago!

90% of all of my processing equipment is LEM. I go through AK Butcher Supply for any service needs or parts. To date, they've been awesome.
    I like Cabelas stuff and have no real heartburn with them, but Cabelas outsources a lot of their equipment.
    When my Cabelas Industrial vaccum packer crapped out on me, I called them to see who the manufacturer was. They didn't know. It was a goat rope for several days until we figured it out. Then I had to contact the manufacturer and start all over. Shipping took forever.
    As an LEM dealer, AK Butcher has alot of parts n pieces in stock or can fix certain things in-house.. I think LEM may cost a scosh more, but it's been pretty friggin' solid equipment for many years and we've put tons of meat through our equipment.

I have a 0.35 HP #8 LEM and I have been super happy with it. I've never quite felt under gunned with the 0.35 HP, but I do need to be a bit patient with it at times and I wouldn't object to a grinder with more juice. In the last few years, it has been through a couple moose and a whole bunch of caribou because it makes its way through the circle of friends. I won't hesitate to buy another LEM product when the time comes and, as a shameless plug for Butch at AK Butcher Supply, I will go out of my way to buy from him. That guy rocks!