Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 195

Thread: 2017 Hunting Pictures

  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    for purposes of legality, i'd say legal by age, 8 yrs old. If I had to judge it in the field, though, he'd walk based on age, as last ring is just above the hairline and is debatable.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Another great year so far. Both the wife and I have had great adventures so far. Will be helping my wife look for her Bullwinkle when I get back home from work.DSCF5676.jpgIMG_0124.jpg

  3. #83
    Member 4merguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    9,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullcurl seeker View Post
    Another great year so far. Both the wife and I have had great adventures so far. Will be helping my wife look for her Bullwinkle when I get back home from work.DSCF5676.jpgIMG_0124.jpg
    Wow....without even seeing a view from the front I sure can tell how wide your ram flairs out...!!! How old? Interesting to see the difference in rams from different areas.... Years ago a friend shot a very tight curl 33" ram in the Kenai Mts. His horns held tight to his head. Where as yours has a tight curl as well, but really flairs out wide away from the head....like a cork screw springing out sideways. Cool...and congrats to the both of you...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Wow....without even seeing a view from the front I sure can tell how wide your ram flairs out...!!! How old? Interesting to see the difference in rams from different areas.... Years ago a friend shot a very tight curl 33" ram in the Kenai Mts. His horns held tight to his head. Where as yours has a tight curl as well, but really flairs out wide away from the head....like a cork screw springing out sideways. Cool...and congrats to the both of you...!!!

    Thanks for the congrats. He was a 10 year old Ram. Always puts a smile on my face when it is the Queen of the house that is putting the majority of the meat in the freezer.

  5. #85
    Member Casper50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sterling
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Back from my hunt early. See below. 62" Went up around Central. The bears are going to have a hard winter. No blueberries at all anywhere and I covered a lot of ground.



  6. #86
    Member Chisana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    DI351; float hunt from Rohn to Farewell. 8/29/17.
    Attachment 94364

    Awesome bull!

  7. #87
    Member sayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central peninsula, between the K-rivers
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casper50 View Post
    Back from my hunt early. See below. 62" Went up around Central. The bears are going to have a hard winter. No blueberries at all anywhere and I covered a lot of ground.


    Interesting rifle/scope combo. What chambering?

  8. #88
    Member Casper50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sterling
    Posts
    627

    Default

    338 WM. It's a bit heavy.

  9. #89

    Default

    My first sheep. DS204
    IMG_8884.jpgDSCF0085.jpg

  10. #90
    Member Chisana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuxindy View Post
    My first sheep. DS204
    IMG_8884.jpgDSCF0085.jpg
    Great looking ram. Really cranks around!

  11. #91

    Default

    It's been 11 years since I've been able to put a ram I killed in this photo thread, so, thought you guys might like to see this old ram I caught.


  12. #92
    Member Trappnguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Back on da Rock!
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Where are all the deer pictures? This was Opening dayKodiak. Went up the night before and camped. I thought the fog was going toruin the hunt. We had a clearing for about 2 hours and my 11 year old got thisone. Perfect 200 yard shot with a 300blk that we built together. She packed out50lbs over 3 miles.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    TrappHouseOutdoors@HuntFishAK

  13. #93
    Member AK Troutbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chugiak, AK.
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J in AK View Post
    It's been 11 years since I've been able to put a ram I killed in this photo thread, so, thought you guys might like to see this old ram I caught.

    Great way to end a 11 year drought, congrats!

    After spending all last weekend, hunting hard and not even seeing a moose, my son was finely able to fill his anterless youth tag yesterday evening.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #94
    New member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Archery caribou in 20D

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  15. #95
    New member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by as.ks.ak View Post
    Well I can't top Chris' ram....but I walked a little farther for mine! HA! What it lacks in inches it makes up for in sweat equity!!!!!! My first ram, and glacier hunt. 34 miles round trip, 27 of them on glaciers. Something I will never forget. Special thanks to my hunting partner, Blake, for capturing some killer pictures.

    Taking the shot.





    The face you make when you realize a dream just became reality.











    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Another Kansas boy!!

    Josh

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  16. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Attachment 94474
    My first sheep. Taken in unit 13.

  17. #97
    Member as.ks.ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bonehunter View Post
    Archery caribou in 20D

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Good to see you on here Josh!! Now get your ducks in a row and make the big move!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #98
    Member TZ2AK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Homer, AK
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bonehunter View Post
    Archery caribou in 20D

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    What a beautiful bull! Congrats!

  19. #99
    Member TZ2AK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Homer, AK
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J in AK View Post
    It's been 11 years since I've been able to put a ram I killed in this photo thread, so, thought you guys might like to see this old ram I caught.

    How old was that ram?

  20. #100
    Member GAredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    454

    Default Sons first bull

    Not sure why the heck they keep turning upside down but here is his first bull. 41" and 4 x 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •