Thread: Lightweight Down Jackets on sale...

Default Lightweight Down Jackets on sale...

I know there are quite a few of you that love these things so I thought I'd let those interested know about this. From the former "Golite man now called Mytrail.... http://mytrailco.com/collections/men...%20MENS%20DOWN
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I'd also like to hear from those that have them why they are so great. Do they keep you just super warm for something so light and packable? Is that the main reason for having one? I guess I'd just like to know if they're all they're cracked up to be? Thanks...
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Bought my wife one cause buddies bragged them up.
    She loves it and wears it under her Klim jacket when riding. Says it both light and warm. I should have purchased one for myself I suppose?!
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

I bought one of the hooded jackets. I like it better than my Kuiu down jacket at half the price. Sizing seems to vary with every manufacturer. My Kuiu is a large, Helly Hansen I can wear a small, and mytrail the medium fits.

Bought one at full price 2 weeks before they went on sale .

Nice jacket, very warm and light. 800 fill is noticeably warmer than my old 700 fill North Face (less bulky too). Kinda light duty though (as expected). In the recent cold snap, I've been wearing mine for work, and it's like walking on eggshells... No tears yet though.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Those look nice, but I'm fairly well sold on the treated (water resistant) down for hunting applications. For day trips, though, that looks to be a pretty solid deal. I have something virtually identical from Arcteryx that I wear daily. For hunting, I have the Kuiu superdown and love it.

I just bought the jacket. I will let you know how I like it. I think I might get one of their tents too.

I have a 850 fill down jacket from Go-Lite, which is the name the new company went by before being bought out. I also have a Kuiu Super Down jacket, while I like and use the Kuiu SD a lot, it is not even close to being as warm as my Go-Lite. My Go-Lite is one of the warmest down jackets I have tried.

If the My Trail jackets are similar I would not hesitate to try one for that price.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I just received that down jacket in the mail today. Its not as warm as the one the one stid is wearing and I didn't get a hood. Pretty light duty down jacket. I would consider this a fall coat. Its what you would expect for $100. It is definitely packable. Came is a small box.