Thread: Zeiss binoculars

Default Zeiss binoculars

Bought a pair of Zeiss 10X42 FL T last week, boy are they a step up from my old B&L 10 X 50 ( 1985 ). I can't beleive how great these Zeiss are, went to sportsmans wearhouse and they let me check out evey binocular they had, was there for 5 hours, GREAT PEOPLE in the Fairbanks store. Had it down to 5 different binoculars, took them outside to check them at a distance and had them down to two, the Zeiss and Swarorski EL. loved them both but i wear eyeglass and the EL were some what hard to see out of but had great handling.

Default Your Zeiss

I used to be a dealer for Zeiss mainly to help out friends. The first time I ever saw a piece was back in 1980 on the Novi. Some Europeans had their rifles scoped with Zeiss. My Leupold was clear, but at dusk the Zeiss outperfomed it.
    But, and I say this judiciously, take care of them. Handle reasonably gently. I have had to send back 10X25, 10X40, and 8X56. Some more than one time. They just don't seem to hold up like they should. The scopes have not had a problem, and as I recall, they are all on large caliber rifles.
    With that said, the people at Zeiss are very helpful and stand behind the product (what a relief in society today). In fact, the last pair to go in could not get back to me on time for a hunt so they sent a loaner pair. To make the story longer, the pair sent in had several internal issues along with some scratched glass (my fault). Zeiss could not get that same glass anymore so offered up the pair they had sent me as a loaner (which were new and a bit better than what I had).
    Be sure to register your new binos, and if they ever fail in any way send them in immediately. I am certain that you will be happy with the new addition to your family.

Default service

FWIW-- I bought a set of 10 x 50 slc 10 years ago-- in the area of 850.00 I used them from PA. to AZ. to AK Just unbelievable binoculars (cant recommend enough) anyway something let loose in the focus took to the closest dealer He said--- never seen this happen before --shorten story --they sent?? them back. I got a new set (the new style) no shipping no handling just all very fast.
    They sell in Cabelas for 1750.00 now.

Default good optics

I'm a huge believer in getting the best optics that you can afford. My rifle is topped with a Luopold gold ring, I've got Steiner binocs, Nikon film camera, Canon digital camera, Nikon sunglasses... When I get a spotting scope it's gonna hurt because I'm going to get a Zeiss.

Default hurts so good

Hey Trapper, it hurts good though doesn't it? Buying good qualilty does not come cheap, but I value my recreation time enough that I refuse to depend on junk. cheap items only break when you need them the most.
    We are on the same path, that's for sure. All my scopes are Leupold. My binos are Zeiss. Even my 17 year old son is a believer. He had some cheapie binos from an Uncle, then he got a pair of Nikons and a pair of Fujinons. Both do really well.
    I am heading up high this fall (I hope) so am looking for a spotting scope. Really no idea yet how much quality I can afford, but I'm saving my pennies.
    Let us know when you get your next addition.

I haven't played with the newer Zeiss binoculars much, but I love my Zeiss Classics 10x40 binoculars. I always have them with me.

Default zeiss diascope 85

I too hope to save a few dollars over the next couple of months and buy a Zeiss diascope 85 with 20x45 zoom. Here is a current review of the Zeiss 85.
    www.6mmbr.com/spotterreview.html
    and a place to buy one for around 1800.00
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ZE85DSGR/BI/82

And I am still loving my 10x42 FL T*

Forum Sponsor

Anyone interested in optics please mention this forum when you call. As a sponsor of this forum we will take special care to make sure you are happy with your purchase.
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

Thumbs up Buying from Doug

Quote Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug View Post
    Anyone interested in optics please mention this forum when you call. As a sponsor of this forum we will take special care to make sure you are happy with your purchase.
    Yup, Dougs right. I bought my Pentax Spotter and eyepiece from him last month after he answered many questions, etc. and he gave me a great deal, plus, free shipping to Alaska!! Nice guy to talk to also.

Perry
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again