Thread: Unit 25a Float

Default Unit 25a Float

Hello guys, I have been looking at unit 25a for a float hunt for 2017. I have looked at several rivers. It is really difficult to try and determine which rivers and streams might have enough flow and areas for drop-off and pick-up. Does anybody recommend a flight service for this area? Thanks

everyone i know is booked up for 2017 unless you're thinking August.
    https://pristineventures.com

Quote Originally Posted by 338_mag View Post
    Hello guys, I have been looking at unit 25a for a float hunt for 2017. I have looked at several rivers. It is really difficult to try and determine which rivers and streams might have enough flow and areas for drop-off and pick-up. Does anybody recommend a flight service for this area? Thanks
    What's your budget look like? I've been looking at this area for years and I have a pretty good idea which rivers I would like to float, but I can't afford to go where I would like to. The access to this area is very limited and the air charters in this area are very expensive.

We flew out of Kotzebue in 2015 for caribou. We had like $3800.00 per person on just the drop.

We flew out of Kotzebue in 2015 for caribou. We had like $3800.00 per person on just the drop.
    Try calling Wright Air. You are going to probably pay at least that much money, if not more, depending on where you plan on going.

Thanks Bushwhack Jack. I have flown with Wright in the past. I have sent them a couple emails a while ago, still waiting on a response. I just got my copies of A Complete Guide to Float Hunting Alaska by Larry Bartlett and Float Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers by Michael Strahan. I got some reading to do!

Try 70 North. I used them last year and I do believe that they service 25a.

Thanks Bullwinkle, How was your hunt?

Fun! My post is the "First Brooks Float Hunt Photos" about two posts down from yours. I attached a slideshow, check it out.

Where is the best place to rent Soar Inflatable Canoes in Fairbanks?

Where is the best place to rent Soar Inflatable Canoes in Fairbanks?
    Not familiar with anyone renting rafts in Fairbanks. Try calling Larry Bartlett or Brian Richardson. I believe they both are in fairbanks. Bartlett owns and operates Pristine Ventures and I believe the name of Brian Richardson's outfit is called the Alaska Raft Connection. If they don't rent I am sure they can at least point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Not familiar with anyone renting rafts in Fairbanks. Try calling Larry Bartlett or Brian Richardson. I believe they both are in fairbanks. Bartlett owns and operates Pristine Ventures and I believe the name of Brian Richardson's outfit is called the Alaska Raft Connection. If they don't rent I am sure they can at least point you in the right direction.
    I rented a raft from Larry last September. He's a good chap. A buddy and I flew with Wright Air into 25A. Larry had the raft ready and waiting when we arrived at the hangar. Overall, it was an awesome experience. I can share more details via PM.

Thanks Guys, I have sent Mr. Bartlett an email.