Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 170 Tires

8.00x6 will do most anything you want with less weight. Side load got me once too by sliding on wet grass then going onto pavement with hard brakes on in a nasty crosswind...be CAREFULL out there!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Alaskas list has a set of 26 in good year wheel and tires plus Cleveland 30-63A single puck breaks removed from Cessna 170. for 650.00 That is a great deal just bolt them on and go. If you don't like them they will resell all day long.
    DENNY

Goodyear 26's was our choice, and I can't even remember how many years ago that was that we put them on!!
    Early 90's? I think so. My husband does most of the flying; I'm short and the 170 setup is kind of hard for me to feel comfortable in it. I swear it was made for tall, lanky people.
    Anyway, we are probably 95% off pavement. Our airstrip is dirt, and honestly, it's been more than a year since we landed on pavement. I think we landed down at Homer when we were out and flying around. We have been very happy with the 26s.
    And yes, the comment about gear legs is appropriate. We've got 180 gear legs, and the PPonk mod, too. Another good idea for off airport landings.
    And spend a lot of time flying, that's the best advice anyone can give. We have not done a lot of flying lately. It's a bummer, but sometimes reality interferes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12