Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Ranger 800 6x6. Suggested mods?

Default 2016 6x6 sxs

Can anyone talk me out of getting a 2016 6x6 sxs? 6x6 instead of 4x4?
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

Quote Originally Posted by ACNDHO View Post
    I would never try to talk you out of it. My buddy can go places in his that I would never consider trying in my sxs. He bought his after driving another guy's 6x6 accidentally off a 6' ledge and was able to drive off and continue hunting. He has done a number of improvements and just went to a smaller tire as well. I would love to have one as well but the sxs I have is more than adequate for what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by ACNDHO View Post
    After a couple years with mine.... NO!
    We also have a full size Ranger crew but if we could only have one it would be the 6x6!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I just went out of my way to get a 2015 6x6 sxs, i love it.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

With a 2016 I would not be able to get a warranty buying used? That might stop me.
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

IDK about a warranty for a 2016 but, if you get it, you'll be happy with it.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

You can buy mine from me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just picked up a 2011 6x6 Ranger. Couldnít walk away from it for the price. It needs a little clean up work and 2 front CV axles. Came with high clearance +1.5Ē forward front arms, high lifter radiator relocate, and 27Ē XTRís that look almost new. The rear parking brake is shot, but Iím working on a fix/mod to eliminate that. Heard they donít really work good anyway. Iíll throw some pics up when I get off the slope, for a before and after. No plans for any crazy mods, just a few improvements steering stops, some of these https://ricochetoffroad.com/products...nt=36733312707 and maybe a dura clutch next summer, funds permitting. Anyone having luck finding mid axles. I would like to have one or two in reserve. Also Iíd like to go through the transmission so any advice for bullet proofing that is welcome. I canít seem to find the thread on BCR where a guy was talking about it, heck it might have been theUltrarider now that I think about it. Looking forward to digging into this thing.

No after market mids available unless you want to have some custom made. Turner axles will do custom ones. If I recall correctly you need to send in your mids and the will reproduce them using higher quality materials. This was from a couple years ago so things may have changed but I kind of doubt it since the machines are no longer in production
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Thanks mjm, Iím not really looking for extra strength, just an option from expensive oem ones. Iíd rather blow axles than diffs. I have read American CV are good, but rarely have them in stock. Maybe Iíll call Chad at A2d and see what he has. Mine are fine for now, but just looking ahead. I do need 2 new fronts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123