Thread: Mossberg/100 ATR rifles

Question Mossberg/100 ATR rifles

Anyone know about these Mossberg/100 ATR rifles? It's hard to beat $300 for a new .270 for the boy. Does anyone have any experience with these rifles? Are they possibly like the Remington 710 series-cheap and hollow feeling stock, etc.? Any info would be appreciated. (Thanks for providing the link to Walmart online a while back Darreld W.)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4756262

Tim

The Kachemak gear Shed down here near Homer had a bunch of them last winter. They had a big papckage deal sale and they sold a lot of them.

I played with one and I thought it was superior to the Remington 710. Of course anything is superior to the 710...

I was reminded of the early bolt action Savage rifles while looking at the ATR 100s.

the newer Savage bolt guns are better than the ATR, or at least the five or six I looked at....
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

I purchased a 30.06 for my son two years ago. Very accurate and a decent rifle for the money. I didn't care much for the parkerized finish.

Decent gun and MUCH better than the 710, which I think Remington finally dropped.

I have been thinking of grabbing one for the wife...

Default mossberg 100 atr

have seen a few at the range, they work, reasonably accurate; 1.5-2 incges at 100 yds.
    Have also seen the Stevens at the range, the 200, JUST BUY THE STEVENS. ridiculously accurate lighter, cheaper, smoother.
    But if you have the 100, enjoy it and spend the bucks on the mounts, glass,ammo and practice.