Thread: I got $50.00 CASH money.......want to make a bet on this deal ?

Default I got $50.00 CASH money.......want to make a bet on this deal ?

https://www.adn.com/business-economy...er-the-effort/

You expect this turns out well? One more rat-hole to pee hundreds of millions of dollars down. So who is smarter about oil/gas development project investments, four highly experienced world oil companies, or the dip'sticks that pretend to have a clue about managing Alaska? Gee'wizz I wonder why four oil companies are "Backing away" from the deal, Hmmmm guess they are just real stupid, you'think.

So the State takes over the risk, and trusts the oil companies to deliver gas at a "FAIR PRICE", Like the State has such an outstanding history of being smarter than the oil companies. I am not trashing the oil companies, I am trashing the fools who manage Alaska's money and resources.

So what happens if the state spends the 55 billion (probably closer to 75 billion when its done) to build the pipeline and plant and gets it all done ready to export LNG from their new facility then the oil companies don't like the taxes they are paying on oil exports. Will they then refuse to sell the gas to the state causing that giant project to sit empty or will they agree to sell their gas to the state at a very high price? Because that's exactly what I would do if I was in the business to make money, I would use every leverage to my advantage to increase my profit. Oil companies are in the business to make money, if they are going to lose money they wont do it, its just bad for business. Walker is so arrogant and wants this pipeline built so bad that the consequences don't matter. I don't see this in any way being good for the people of Alaska. Walker like Obama is doing his best to bankrupt the state.
    Honestly I hope this pipeline gets built really soon so that the governors quit selling the state out by trying to set their legacy with its construction.

The state of Alaska is also screwing the pooch by changing the tax structure every few years. They need to set a tax structure and leave it alone.
    Now for the popcorn till this one gets shut down.

It's really to bad Alaska's eggs are all in one basket just like the state of Michigan with cars. I for see at some point, you folks voting in a business bozo like we have. In the end, the taxes will all be on the shoulders of the people and not those who really take the money.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    It's really to bad Alaska's eggs are all in one basket just like the state of Michigan with cars. I for see at some point, you folks voting in a business bozo like we have. In the end, the taxes will all be on the shoulders of the people and not those who really take the money.
    I did a seminar with the head economist of Alaska a few year ago. He stated that our economy was like a three legged stool. Fishing, oil and tourism being the three legs. The oil industry has taken a big hit. Fishing is not the best. Silvers have not come into Valdez in four years in any numbers. The pink harvest this year was horrible. That said, our tourism took a bit hit this year from those wanting to fish. The state is in trouble economically. Obama just shut down most of Alaska's oil reserves too. No matter what.... we're screwed.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Here is a local example. Apache wanted a road out through Gray Cliff so they could drill at Birch Hill. They did the studies and then turned it over to the Borough, who says WE will build the road. Want to make a bet on whether Apache shows back up after the millions are spent to put the road in?
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Alaska has such a rich history of politicians building failed mega-projects. Seems like each new crop of politicos wants their names on some big hunk of concrete. It's clear that the politicos will never learn. But will we?
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Alaska has such a rich history of politicians building failed mega-projects. Seems like each new crop of politicos wants their names on some big hunk of concrete. It's clear that the politicos will never learn. But will we?
    No, history always repeats itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    Here is a local example. Apache wanted a road out through Gray Cliff so they could drill at Birch Hill. They did the studies and then turned it over to the Borough, who says WE will build the road. Want to make a bet on whether Apache shows back up after the millions are spent to put the road in?
    Wasn't Apache's beef with native corp land at the drill site?
    They probably spent a million bucks developing the plans and NEPA studies. At least that's what they, and the Borough, are saying.....