Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 27' Wooldridge Pilothouse Build

WOW, that sure is weird. I'm waiting on a call back from Bruce. I need to get the trailer shipped up to Seattle and also to ask about the adapter you talk about just in case I use another truck to tow with. (doubtful) Anyway, how do you like your trailer? Have you had others to compare it to?

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    I have a GMC and a buddy has a Chevy and we discovered that when the trailer was plugged into the truck we had lights and you could hear the hydraulic pump wind up but the display in the truck did not show "Trailer connected" and when you manually engaged the trailer brakes from the brake controller switch there was nothing. Seems like the brake controller that GMC and Chevy uses doesn't recognize the trailer. Internet/youtube search shows other trailers with this problem and guys put a light in between the trailer and truck to "reduce" the voltage ever so slightly and then like magic the brake controller recognizes the trailer is connected. Dodges seem to work for some reason. I'm also not sure what years GMC or Chevy are affected. Mine is a 2012 and best I can tell GMC/Chevy went to a new brake controller in 2011? There is nothing on the internet about this that is specific to Kokopelli, nothing on their website. The "adapter" that I got in the mail had "Ford, Chevy, GMC" written on it so that's why I mentioned the three brands. I personally am only familiar with the problems that 2012 GMC and Chevy trucks seem to have. I think the adapter is nothing more than some type of fancy resistor, but I'm no electrician.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    WOW, that sure is weird. I'm waiting on a call back from Bruce. I need to get the trailer shipped up to Seattle and also to ask about the adapter you talk about just in case I use another truck to tow with. (doubtful) Anyway, how do you like your trailer? Have you had others to compare it to?
    I took delivery of Tunnel Vision in May 2015 and had a 13,000lb rated triple axle Kokopelli trailer. I soon realized that I did not have enough trailer and in May of 2016 got a new Kokopelli 18,000lb rated trailer. So far I think they are good trailer. Can't wait to tow my 15,000 lb boat down Rabbit Creek road with trailer brakes that work!

Yes. That's what I'm talking about. Good solid brakes when towing our cabin on the water. I'm soo over the surge brake trailer crap.
    MMSI# 338232859

Rob you will need a Titan part #4846000 adapter if you have a ford or chevy that is newer than 2010. I found it out from Titan tech support last year after I got my trailer from Bruce & couldn't get the freakin brakes to work on my 2012 Checy & 2013 GMC. You can buy online for about $100 + shipping or from Trailercraft for about $125 here in town.
    Since this uploader won't let me attach a pdf, I'll email it to you.
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

Congrats Rob! I know how excited you are! Our boat is under construction as well. April 10th can't get here soon enough! It's fun watching the progress of the build along the way. Glad the issue with the Kokopelli trailers has come out. This is the first I have heard of it, and that's the trailer I am going with. Looks like I may be ordering the adapter as well.

Yeah, I talked to Bruce for quite a bit the other day. Sounds like it's an issue with pretty much al new trucks. The power brake system just isn't compatible with new trailers. Weird to say the least. My truck is an 08 and I just bought a 20' car hauler with electric brakes and i don't have any issues. But to be safe, I'll buy the adapter and carry it with me when I drive down to drag the boat back up. if I don't need it I'll just return it I guess. No matter what, the Kokopelli trailer is a much nicer one than what EZ loader has for the money.
    Congrats on your build. Are you going to start a thread?
    MMSI# 338232859

I think I will go ahead and order the adapter too just to be on the safe side. What's another $100.00 at this point I'm not sure on the thread. The build started a couple months ago, and I was originally thinking I wouldn't post anything but that could change. There are definitely pros and cons to putting it out there. We will have to make a point to meet up out on the water this spring with the new boats!

Nice start Rob.
    Any thoughts on a name for this new boat?
    Might need to make you a few custom lures with your new boats name on them for you.
    Then when you loose that record fish and BK catches it he can return your jig.lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Charterboat Operator

good one!!

HA HA Some custom lure would be awesome. But I seriously doubt BK would give them back. LOL He'd just keep fishing them. Kris and I sit around every night and think of different names. I think she's obsessed with it right now. We have a couple good ones picked out. I hope to have some more pics to upload real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Nice start Rob.
    Any thoughts on a name for this new boat?
    Might need to make you a few custom lures with your new boats name on them for you.
    Then when you loose that record fish and BK catches it he can return your jig.lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    MMSI# 338232859

Your gonna be happy for sure, I have the 7612 also and its flawless so far with the NMEA hooked up its nice to see all the engine and fuel read out. It has been extremely accurate on the fuel usage too. I am sure you know but the propaine stove top creates moisture or are you going to do the cooking outside? FYI your gonna blow BK's windows out when you go ripping by his little 115's
    "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

Yeah the propane stove is pretty wet for sure. This propane stove is a drop in with 2 burners and it was cheap. Figured we didn't need to spend a couple thousand dollars on a Wallas to use every now and then. We mostly used our last stove in the mornings for coffee and maybe breakfast. Other than that we always cooked on the grill on the deck. I'm hoping it is going to have more power than I care to use. The 175's are supposed to be some great motors. I'm wondering if I even need to have any of the Suzuki dashboard gauges if I have the motors hooked up to the 7612???

Quote Originally Posted by Tyin 1 On View Post
    Your gonna be happy for sure, I have the 7612 also and its flawless so far with the NMEA hooked up its nice to see all the engine and fuel read out. It has been extremely accurate on the fuel usage too. I am sure you know but the propaine stove top creates moisture or are you going to do the cooking outside? FYI your gonna blow BK's windows out when you go ripping by his little 115's
    MMSI# 338232859

You really dont need them but they are always there as a backup too. I would keep them for that reason.
    Yeah the propane stove is pretty wet for sure. This propane stove is a drop in with 2 burners and it was cheap. Figured we didn't need to spend a couple thousand dollars on a Wallas to use every now and then. We mostly used our last stove in the mornings for coffee and maybe breakfast. Other than that we always cooked on the grill on the deck. I'm hoping it is going to have more power than I care to use. The 175's are supposed to be some great motors. I'm wondering if I even need to have any of the Suzuki dashboard gauges if I have the motors hooked up to the 7612???
    "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

I have a propane stove in my boat and I love it. No issue with being wet, it is not really on that long. It is nice to have instant heat and instant off when you are done. The only time I get fogged windows is from boiling things and the evaporation.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Rob...I'm looking for a drop in for mine but not finding many compact offerings. Did you get one of these? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D42QH2U...I33CA07QCUOZDW

Yep that's the one I bought. It's looks really well built too.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    Rob...I'm looking for a drop in for mine but not finding many compact offerings. Did you get one of these? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D42QH2U...I33CA07QCUOZDW
    MMSI# 338232859

WLD_8171.jpgWLD_8169.jpg

Here are a couple new photos of the build. Sounds like the sides will be tacked up after the holiday break. Finally settled on motors today too. They are ordering up the Suzuki 175's with Digital Controls. (fly by wire) Pretty excited about that.
    MMSI# 338232859

Yep that's the one I bought. It's looks really well built too.
    Cool...yet another Christmas present for my frozen boat...I'm still hoping for at least a lump of coal. Congrats on the build pics...will be fun watching all that happen!

I looked at that same drop in two burner propane cook top too but didn't have quite enough room for it after prioritizing a large, deep sink over other anything else in this small, limited flat area. I'm sure this portable two burner set up is too tacky for most aluminum boat owners but I like the quality of this cook top and the BTU output is more than twice (18000 BTU each burner) that of the drop in style for the same money ($100). I just thought I would throw that out there for another possible option.

20161207_213130-resized-1400.jpg20161207_213204-resized-1400.jpg

To make it even more tacky I took the wind screen off my old white gas two burner and pop riveted it onto the new propane burner to use to keep grease spatters off the windows. I plan to weld down a short barrier on the floor to keep the propane stove in place while in the storage position.

20161207_220026-resized-1400.jpg

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast