Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 375 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I talked with JES a short time ago. My 358 Winchester is on it's way home. How's less than 2 weeks turn around for service.

His exact words on the 375-08..."It's a neat little round!""Runs a 300 grain bullet at 2100 fps". I asked him specifically about head space issues and he assured me there were none. He commented it that is had plenty of shoulder to headspace off of.

I'm doing it akula682. I'm going to package it up and get it sent.
    sweet! i guess ill have to look into the 375-08 again. what does he charge for conversions?
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by akula682 View Post
    sweet! i guess ill have to look into the 375-08 again. what does he charge for conversions?
    $225 and that includes return shipping! I will send him my 700 ADL barreled action with bolt, the money and a note telling him what I want done. In a few short weeks it will come home as a 375-08. For another $25 he will cut and crown the barrel to a shorter length.

I have had his number saved in my cell phone for 5 years just incase I take a notion. Give him a call and leave him your number and he will call you back! 541-942-1342

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    $225 and that includes return shipping! I will send him my 700 ADL barreled action with bolt, the money and a note telling him what I want done. In a few short weeks it will come home as a 375-08. For another $25 he will cut and crown the barrel to a shorter length.

I have had his number saved in my cell phone for 5 years just incase I take a notion. Give him a call and leave him your number and he will call you back! 541-942-1342
    Thats not bad.

cant call him, im in the middle east.

If i do this it will be when i get back.
    Josh

I was referring to an M5 receiver I have from Aero precision . That is what they call their "DPMS" style of .308 AR's. Anyway have you put anymore thought into the 375 Raptor? I was thinking about it for awhile but am pretty into the .358 Win right now. X-caliber has barrel offerings that seem good to. Either way I think I want a short, lite,open sight blaster. Let's us know which way you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kevin476 View Post
    I was referring to an M5 receiver I have from Aero precision . That is what they call their "DPMS" style of .308 AR's. Anyway have you put anymore thought into the 375 Raptor? I was thinking about it for awhile but am pretty into the .358 Win right now. X-caliber has barrel offerings that seem good to. Either way I think I want a short, lite,open sight blaster. Let's us know which way you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wow... its been a while since ive been on here.

I got a promotion and sent back to Afghanistan and i havent had much time to explore the options of the 375 Raptor in more depth. I am trying to get my hands on a 308 BLR, SS, curved grip Takedown to be converted to 338 Federal. I have access to a straight stock BLR SS 308 takedown that im thinking of converting to the 375-08.
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by akula682 View Post
    wow... its been a while since ive been on here.

I got a promotion and sent back to Afghanistan and i havent had much time to explore the options of the 375 Raptor in more depth. I am trying to get my hands on a 308 BLR, SS, curved grip Takedown to be converted to 338 Federal. I have access to a straight stock BLR SS 308 takedown that im thinking of converting to the 375-08.
    Well the 338 Federal is no slouch but it kinda fizzled before it really gained much notoriety. Probably nothing a 35 Remington wouldn't do. Be careful over there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12