Thread: Fairbanks Cushman Range open at night?

Default Fairbanks Cushman Range open at night?

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not the cushman range closes at a certain time, seeing as its more comfortable to shoot when the temps are a little cooler at night and in the morning this time of year. Thanks

The hours are posted on the sign

Thanks Jake that the answer I was hoping for! <grin>

They close for a few hours on wednesdays. I think its from 10am -12pm. Something like that.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Hey bud I'm here for YOU! By the way the cat is out of the bag! See you at work.

Default Range

I have ben shooting at the range when they came to close the gate. I was told to park my truck on the other side so I would not be locked in and that they did not mind if I kept shooting. I have gone down after the gate was closed and walked in and shot. I have not ben harased yet.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Thanks for the tips folks, however I found out the hard way, they close at 10 pm. I got all my stuff set up, targets at 200 and 335, spotting scope set up and fired one shot when a security guard drove up and told me they were closed. Isn't that just great!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkiller View Post
    I have ben shooting at the range when they came to close the gate. I was told to park my truck on the other side so I would not be locked in and that they did not mind if I kept shooting. I have gone down after the gate was closed and walked in and shot. I have not ben harased yet.
    Wouldn't leave your car parked outa sight there to long. It may be a bon-fire the next time you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by aksalcha View Post
    Wouldn't leave your car parked outa sight there to long. It may be a bon-fire the next time you see it.
    What! What kind of an idiot would attempt to torch a car within view of the owner with a loaded gun in his hand? Someone in the lead for the next Darwin Award?!!
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Well you wouldn't really be in sight from the rifle range side... but it sure would take some nuts to do that with the possibility of the owner walking up on some hooligans messing with his rig! Is it just me or would that make a hilarious scene in a movie or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    What! What kind of an idiot would attempt to torch a car within view of the owner with a loaded gun in his hand? Someone in the lead for the next Darwin Award?!!
    There are lots of idiots around. Thats why some of pack heat.......However, kids today do not seem to give a dang. Some are quite disrespectful of others property.

The wife and I run our dogs on the dike and that area everyday . Was down the end of cushman one time and there was a good looking older car parked there. I told my wife if that car is left there for few hours it will be torched. Sure enough the next morning it was smoldering.

I wouldn't leave anything parked there. Even if I could snipe them idiots from the range, as my vehicles aren't worth the time and money for court and attorneys.