Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experimental Cub Kits

Since you mentioned Just's SuperSTOL, also look at Rans Aircraft S7S. As is the case with the Just, not a heavy hauler. But the kit is top notch and the support is good also. Rans has been at it a long time and are continually innovating. We've built 2 of their kits.

No direct experience with the cub clones other than hearsay. I have dealt with Cubcrafters on a couple of different deals over the years unrelated to kit planes. They are very professional.

is there a kit out there where you could put together a cub-clone for less than buying a regular cub at marker value? i know it's doubtful just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by ak-fang View Post
    is there a kit out there where you could put together a cub-clone for less than buying a regular cub at marker value? i know it's doubtful just curious.
    Over on Supercub.org you could search for cost on kits and diff manufacturers. EAA also has a good amount of info.

Quote Originally Posted by ak-fang View Post
    Probably, depending on definition of a kit. Some of them start as plans and a bundle of tubing. Not for the faint of heart, but it would be extremely satisfying if one had the necessary tools and skills.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12