Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: More bad news for Alaska's future..

The forum is good.

It's the rabble rousing racist who keeps hijacking it that needs to be addressed.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Here is the truth.......No one wants to pay more to the State, Everyone wants the other people to take the financial hit, if there must be a financial hit. If there must be a financial hit everyone wants their share of that hit to be the smallest. Everyone wants more and more and more remaining in their pocket. People don't truly care who takes the hit as long as it is not them.

While the following is NOT 100% true, it largely is, that everyone is trying to improve the quality of their life, even if it somewhat hurts other peoples lives.

Default other forums..

The forums on fish and wildlife management had numerous discussions on the unequal allocation and granting of privileges of taking fish and game based on race, or the racist treatment of Alaska's citizens, usually by the US Govt.

Some obviously believe that racism - i.e. unequal treatment based on race - is acceptable, but I haven't noticed it in this forum recently. One member apparently does not Germans,; but that is a ethic or cultural issue, not race.

But, like most others, I personally continue the struggle to make certain every Alaska is treated equally and fairly without regard to their race, creed, culture, religion, place of residence, etc as stated in Alaska's Constitution.

But back to the issue of Resource Management, and what we are going to do next to manage and develop our resources so we can pay our bills!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    The forum is good.

It's the rabble rousing racist who keeps hijacking it that needs to be addressed.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default Back up a bit..

Oil prices are back up a bit as the Saudi's try frantically to duplicate what OPEC used to do decades ago - manipulate world oil prices. They do get a bit of relief from the strength of the US dollar, as the Saudis have tied their currency to the dollar for decades.

As it anyone seen a spreadsheet relating the price of oil to the deficit of the Alaskan budget? It would be interesting to see just how much a bump up or down in oil prices helps or hurts us. It would also be interesting to know the break-even price of oil for our current budget.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default a bit of humor for a change...

from yesterday's funny papers: http://dilbert.com/strip/2017-05-14

Default a bit more news ..

Some more info on north slope oil prospects....

http://peninsulaclarion.com/news/sta...n-years-making

But at best, it will take a lot more than a few 100,000 barrels a day to get us out of the red.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    from yesterday's funny papers: http://dilbert.com/strip/2017-05-14
    Very surprised they let that strip in. The Climate Change believers don't like to be made fun of.
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Default call it humor..

No sense of humor at all for some - I think the humor gene is missing in liberals along with the common sense and logic thinking ability.

Check out this site - claimed to be the most viewed site on global warming and climate change: https://wattsupwiththat.com/

**** the facts- full speed ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Mkay View Post
    Very surprised they let that strip in. The Climate Change believers don't like to be made fun of.

Default more Alaskan jobs gone...

Bad news for CHM2H: https://www.adn.com/business-economy...lope-contract/

Wood Group / Mustang is well known as a cheap, low paying outfit - I guess that is why they got the contract! I worked for them for a while on the North Star project so I'm familiar with the company. The will be doing a lot of the engineering out of Houston since labor rates are lower there.

I've also noticed they have been advertising for professional technical people for some time for Alaska work so I wondered what was up.

So......go and answer this related question: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...27#post1594227

Default took the bait...

I did post a comment - now waiting for some response from you and your buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    So......go and answer this related question: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...27#post1594227

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    I did post a comment - now waiting for some response from you and your buddy.
    I think you are flogging a dead horse. I think you have "zero".......no LESS than Zero chance of changing that which you are obsessed with the injustice of, that being taxes. I was once in the same position as you, there was a time when I earned between two and three hundred thousand dollars a year.

Roughly around that time in my life, I just happened to have the good fortune of reading one of the very few books/stories that Jack London wrote for adult males. I realized that the road my life was going down, was not where my heart wanted to go. "BURNING DAYLIGHT" by: Jack London, is available to read for free on the internet.

MACBETH
         

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
    To the last syllable of recorded time,
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.

Looking back over this thread, well over half of the hundreds of posts have more to do with politics than with resource management. While issues of taxation are of course related to the development of Alaska's resources, it was not our intent when we started this forum for it to become a general politics forum. There are many, many posts in this thread that fall outside of the bounds of our forum guidelines and at this point it is far too long to selectively edit/delete said posts. This thread will thus be locked. If there is a resource management issue that was being discussed here that warrants further discussion, please feel free to start a new thread on such. Please do not, however, make posts that discuss political issues that do not directly pertain to resource management in Alaska. We're going to start taking a harder line on such.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526