Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian Valley Meats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Indian Valley Meats

Has anyone else been waiting and extended amount of time to get there game back from Indian Valley? My hunting partners and I decided to use them instead of AK Sausage as we had done for the past 8 years and are starting to regret it. Pushing 5 weeks since I took in a 100lbs of boned out meat.

I'm pushing 5 weeks right now as well. I took in 2 goats back at the end of September. I'm thinking they'll be getting a call from me this time next week. Not a rude one. Just curious, I want my meats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They quoted me 3 weeks for liverwurst, ended up taking 5 weeks.

Have some stuff at Alaska Sausage right now, and I was quoted just a bit less than two weeks (though I was having some products made that require aging). Also dropped off some meat at Pioneer Meats and received it back in four days. Had a one-day turnaround from Glenn's, but that was just for bacon burger.

I was quoted 3 weeks as well.

I dropped off meat on Sept. 24th. Still haven't received it. It'll be 6 weeks on Saturday since I dropped it off. I've been pretty patient but it's getting a bit ridiculous at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ptarmigan View Post
    I dropped off meat on Sept. 24th. Still haven't received it. It'll be 6 weeks on Saturday since I dropped it off. I've been pretty patient but it's getting a bit ridiculous at this point.
    Mine was droped off on the 26th. My patients are wearing thin!

I dropped moose at Custom Seafoods in Soldotna that I got opening day of Archery Season. Just got my dogs back last week. SDaid they were swamped with meat. Boy the dogs are tasty though.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Default Indian Valley Meats

Number one reason not to use them. I can't believe that place is still open. It's also crazy for you meat to take that long plus the amount times it's frozen and unfrozen! They wait till they have a large amount of product in before they do that type of hotdog or what ever you choose to have done.

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Number one reason not to use them. I can't believe that place is still open. It's also crazy for you meat to take that long plus the amount times it's frozen and unfrozen! They wait till they have a large amount of product in before they do that type of hotdog or what ever you choose to have done.

I won't be using them again. At this point I just hope to get something back.

I'm just curious if anyone has actually called them to ask what the holdup is? Sometimes there is actually a logical reason for things like that, not always, but sometimes.

I called after 4 weeks. They just said they were super busy and would get to it when they could. They promised to call when it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMike View Post
    I called after 4 weeks. They just said they were super busy and would get to it when they could. They promised to call when it was done.
    Same here. I went down expecting a 2 week turnaround per their website. Only after unloading my meat and waiting in line to make my order did I find out it could be 3-4 weeks. At that point I just went with it. Almost the end of week six now.

I took sausage meat to 3 different places this fall. IVM definitely took the longest, but there were no dead flies in the bags of sausage like one of the other places.

Well just got the call that the meat is done. I hope the wait was worth it.

I will never use them again. I shot two bull caribou, had them processed and shipped down here to lower 48, had only 6 packs of steaks and about 70 lbs. of hamburger meat. They said that is all they could salvage. This wasn't my first rodeo of skinning and quartering and animal. I get more returned meat from the whitetails I kill down here in the lower 48. I know it was stolen....which is why, in hindsight, I should have just packed with dry ice and shipped down here myself. I thought I was just saving myself the hassle, instead, they are either enjoying my caribou backstraps and meat or enjoying the profits of selling my caribou for profit. I WILL NEVER recommend or use them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadder View Post
    I will never use them again. I shot two bull caribou, had them processed and shipped down here to lower 48, had only 6 packs of steaks and about 70 lbs. of hamburger meat. They said that is all they could salvage. This wasn't my first rodeo of skinning and quartering and animal. I get more returned meat from the whitetails I kill down here in the lower 48. I know it was stolen....which is why, in hindsight, I should have just packed with dry ice and shipped down here myself. I thought I was just saving myself the hassle, instead, they are either enjoying my caribou backstraps and meat or enjoying the profits of selling my caribou for profit. I WILL NEVER recommend or use them again.

i also will never do bussness with them, they ruinded all of my salmon by not vacuum packing right most of the seals came loose and the fish freezer burned.

Please, let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by as.ks.ak View Post
    Please, let us know!

The Jalapeņo cheese dogs are fantastic and the burger is great too. I did a 20% add to the burger and it came out the way I like it. My kids ate a package of teriyaki sticks today so I know those passed the test. I guess if I use them again I'll just plan on it taking a long time. If I knew that from the beginning I wouldn't have been irritated at the length of time it took to get the meat back. They're decent folks down there and I didn't receive any attitude like some of the processors are known for.

Quote Originally Posted by ptarmigan View Post
    The Jalapeņo cheese dogs are fantastic and the burger is great too. I did a 20% add to the burger and it came out the way I like it. My kids ate a package of teriyaki sticks today so I know those passed the test. I guess if I use them again I'll just plan on it taking a long time. If I knew that from the beginning I wouldn't have been irritated at the length of time it took to get the meat back. They're decent folks down there and I didn't receive any attitude like some of the processors are known for.
    If you have the freezer space, sometimes it is good to wait until after the rush of hunting season. Bag up whatever size batch of meat you plan to bring in for processing and freeze it as a block, then bring it in later in the year when they are slow. Much quicker turnaround and no worry about things being rushed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast