Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian Valley Meats

Indian Valley is the only place I will use except the place on Lazy Mountain as I have tried their stuff and it is awesome as well. Indian Valley gives you your own meat back, which Alaska Sausage does not! I have the best luck with them. Sorry it took so long, I am sure it will be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aktruckin View Post
    Indian Valley gives you your own meat back,
    Never used them, but that is the best reason to use them (or anyone who does that), nothing worse then getting someone elses nasty meat back.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

I've been taking meat to mat valley meats for well over a decade. Just found out today that unless I do a order of 100lbs or more for any smoked product they mix it with everyone else's meat. Get a hodgepodge of meats in your sticks and dogs. Don't get me wrong, they are delicious, but from now on I'll be doing 100lb orders....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

It amazes me how many people think that you get your own meat back from processors. Yes unless you drop off a large amount of poundage, and only sometimes with that depending on when they dump that large poundage in the dumper and your order "happens" to be next to be filled, you will get mostly your meat back. Also, taking in your meat off season helps but is not a for sure thing. Why do you think theres are SOOOO many stories about people insisting that they dropped off very clean meat and know for a fact that they got some rutty smelling stuff back. Every notice that EVERY, I said EVERY meat processor in this state has complaints about this? Do you really think they say, "ok, Steve wants 15#'s of his meat that he dropped off made into hunter sticks", and then go searching for 15#'s out of MY meat? I know from friends in the profession that they do the best they can keeping peoples meats in order of the orders they are about to run but I can promise you that you rarely get just your own meat back. Thats why the good ones turn away rutty, un clean meat. I mean it's processed meat. Ground to a mush and mostly cooked, depending on what you pick out. The ONLY way to know that it's 100% all your meat is to do your own processing...

I know it happens that you don't get your own meat but if I was a processor I'd be afraid of mixing other people's meat and selling it. It would seem to me that this could be somewhat illegal because you would be selling game meat that you got from someone and selling it to a different person. It could be argued that moose meat is moose meat but you technically are selling someone else's meat

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I dropped off 10 lbs of duck to be turned into peppered sticks. I was told 2-3 weeks and they were ready as promised. Great as always.

Do they do small batches of 10lbs or is that another mix and match with meats deal?
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Do they do small batches of 10lbs or is that another mix and match with meats deal?
    It depends on what product you are having made up. They list the minimum quantity for each product on their "menu" of choices. Many things like the sausages and hotdogs require at least 20 pounds, but there are some things that only require 10 pounds.

Alaska sausage makes the best tasting products in my opinion. I freeze all my sausage grinds and wait until December or so before turning in to make sure I get my own meat back. Do I get my own meat back? Not positive, but its always tasted great and I know I have a better chance of getting all my own meat back in the off season. Not too many people turning in moose meat in December....
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

Gotcha. That's a cool deal. Good idea with the duck meat!
    Master guide 212

Wait, I can bring duck meat in to be made into specialty products?!? Do other processors do this or just Indian Valley Meats?
    How about lynx sticks or polish porcupine? Just kidding on those two but I may seriously consider duck snacks.....

I dropped my meat off on November 7th. This was my very first moose that I've ever shot. Come this Monday it will be seven weeks that I've been waiting, I'm getting nervous. I've been patient after reading this thread, but it's starting to wear off as I approach week 7.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Bear mtn meats in Palmer.. do great work and fast turn around..

I will never use them again. I shot two bull caribou, had them processed and shipped down here to lower 48, had only 6 packs of steaks and about 70 lbs. of hamburger meat. They said that is all they could salvage. This wasn't my first rodeo of skinning and quartering and animal. I get more returned meat from the whitetails I kill down here in the lower 48. I know it was stolen....which is why, in hindsight, I should have just packed with dry ice and shipped down here myself. I thought I was just saving myself the hassle, instead, they are either enjoying my caribou backstraps and meat or enjoying the profits of selling my caribou for profit. I WILL NEVER recommend or use them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadder View Post
    I will never use them again. I shot two bull caribou, had them processed and shipped down here to lower 48, had only 6 packs of steaks and about 70 lbs. of hamburger meat. They said that is all they could salvage. This wasn't my first rodeo of skinning and quartering and animal. I get more returned meat from the whitetails I kill down here in the lower 48. I know it was stolen....which is why, in hindsight, I should have just packed with dry ice and shipped down here myself. I thought I was just saving myself the hassle, instead, they are either enjoying my caribou backstraps and meat or enjoying the profits of selling my caribou for profit. I WILL NEVER recommend or use them again.

i also will never do bussness with them, they ruinded all of my salmon by not vacuum packing right most of the seals came loose and the fish freezer burned.

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    I know it happens that you don't get your own meat but if I was a processor I'd be afraid of mixing other people's meat and selling it. It would seem to me that this could be somewhat illegal because you would be selling game meat that you got from someone and selling it to a different person. It could be argued that moose meat is moose meat but you technically are selling someone else's meat

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    They are not selling meet, they are selling a service.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Uhh uhh. I will never use mat valley. Have seen them take in stomach green quartes and dirt and leaves. Dont want that crap in my stuff. Lisa at pioneer is great just a 25 pound minimum
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Now i have a buddy whi is a retired butcher who has everything by machines off off old seward. He retired from Mike's meat just down the road from mikes and he makes killer everything. So if anyone in an anchorage wants. A town processer. Hit me up for his number. He does one animal at a time. He has got 3 freezers, a big smoker. Grinders and sausages stuffers. And mixers and all that stuff. You wont be disappointed. Ken
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

if I want specialty meats I hold till after the rush..jan- mar had pioneer meat do several batches & always came out great..no minimum weight & quick turn around

I have been using IVM longer then I can remember and I have never received a bad product from them. I still do this even though I moved from Anchorage to Kenai in 1980. Do to being a lousy moose hunter I only took the heart and liver in from our caribou and they said it would be about 5 weeks as they were very busy. This was in late September and I had cleaned up the heart and liver and vacuum packed and froze it.

The liverwurst took about a month and it may be the best we have had and everyone likes it. They are very busy in the fall which is why they some times get backed up. A simple solution is to take a deep breath or find some one else you feel is faster.

I guess at my age I have learned to be patient and I don't want them to ever hurry when processing my meat. I feel the same way about a gun smith and the small business place in Iowa that makes wonderful one of a kind custom pool cues for me. Please take the time you need to get it right!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast