Is this another one.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Is this another one.

Same one, just pictures. It's a friend of mines old boat

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Man what a bummer... Can't replace people so the best outcome is nobody was hurt

If anyone knows the back story on why the boat sank please post the info. Thx.

Another one at Knight Island http://d17.uscgnews.com/go/doc/4007/2901894/
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Wow it would be interesting to hear the stories of all three boats to find out what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    Heard the CG calls on this one while out there, it was definitely a crappy night.
    There was a King Fisher out of Valdez that opened up a 2' gash on their boat but managed to get back after repairing it with duct tape, plywood, and who knows what else. Again, chatter on the radio is all we heard.

Be safe!
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

If you have Facebook the uscg shared a video of the Knight Island rescue. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...97558660273472

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    If you have Facebook the uscg shared a video of the Knight Island rescue. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...97558660273472
    I have nothing but admiration for the USCG! That they take hits from the boating community is beyond me. Day after day they fly in the clouds to render service and too many times get s__t for their efforts. Many times this succor is rendered to those that would be better served with a Darwin award, yet there they are holding station in the fog...

Could not agree more, I sleep just a bit easier knowing that if things go real bad and the epirb gets switched on that the big orange and white chopper will come to the rescue if it's at all possible.

Agree about the service the CG provides, and a reminder there are areas that the CG radios don't cover so be equipped with a backup satellite emergency unit like a Spot or Inreach. Be safe out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Witch View Post
    Agree about the service the CG provides, and a reminder there are areas that the CG radios don't cover so be equipped with a backup satellite emergency unit like a Spot or Inreach. Be safe out there!
    Be advised, neither the Spot or Delorme float (Delorme sells a life jacket for their unit though). Guess how I know....

I have a EPIRB with a gps built into it, flip the switch and 30 seconds later its sending the Lat/lon to the satellites. Looking into Sat phone for next season, going to rent one in December for a trip out to Knight/Naked for deer (I hope).

i have spent the night doing circles in marsha bay because it was to cyclonic of wind direction to get a good hookset. not fun for sure. buddy got a nice bear though. glad the dudes are okay. thank you coast guard

Sail boat up on the beach at Cape Puget... http://www.uscgnews.com/go/doc/4007/2903357/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12