Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meat Donation in Delta Junction

Default Meat Donation in Delta Junction

I drew a late season sheep tag in the DCUA. I'll be flying in, but floating out to the highway. Looking for a church POC or individual who would be interested in having a moose donated to them in the event I shoot one on the float out. Interested parties may pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Urban View Post
    Looking for a church POC or individual who would be interested in having a moose donated to them in the event I shoot one on the float out.
    Let the games begin!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Man...talk about opening yourself up!

Jimmy,

As little as i'm getting to hunt these past couple of years, cough cough, we'd gladly take some! To bad we's aint in delta!

MT & AKCub

I realize people will want to chuck spears...and that is fine. I have my reasons for the approach I am taking on this...none of which I "have" to explain to anyone. Either individuals are interested or they are not.

TB

Good to see you still lingering around these parts. Guess I shoulda mentioned you have to be in Delta for the transfer...or at least willing to drive. How's the fishing this year?

Default You will find...........

plenty of willing donors in Delta. Last year, I gave a portion of my Bison to the local farmer that allowed me (free) to hunt on his property. If you are serious I can look his information up. He and his wife run what appeared to be somewhat of a Boys home, They had adopted children from all over the world. Good hard working family too!
    Forget about the idiots that criticize you for donating meat. Between my rod and my gun, last year I donated over 1000 lbs of meat and fish to people that really needed the food. It is one of the more rewarding parts of my hunting tradition. I think you will find that most of the critics are usually in front of a CPU and not out in the field!
    Louis

Quote Originally Posted by cusackla View Post
    If you are serious I can look his information up. He and his wife run what appeared to be somewhat of a Boys home, They had adopted children from all over the world. Good hard working family too!
    Please do, cusackla. If I don't find any interest before I head out, I simply won't shoot one.

Congrats on your bovine.

Default Getting game meat to military dependents

Jimmy, our org is trying to help get quality game meat to military dependents whose hunters are currently serving outside the state.
    http://alaskabackcountryhunters.org/...dependents.htm

Link above explains it. I am not sure of the need in Delta, but as time gets closer I may hear from the Guard about need there. So please keep this option in mind and feel free to contact me via the link above.
    Thanks,

You could contact the Delta Christian Center church in Delta. lots of folks attend it and may be able to hook you up with someone. Or, the food bank in Fairbanks might be able to point you in the right direction. Also, the Troopers probably have a list of people/organizations in the Delta area that are on the Road Kill salvage list. They might be willing to share some of those names with you.

Good to see you are getting this setup before you pull the trigger.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Thumbs down Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy!

First off congratulations on drawing a sheep tag and good luck, that will be only 125 pounds of meat that you will have to dump on your way out of town.

It is apparent that you have not been doing much reading on the forum in the past 2 weeks or so. At least this time you will have a tougher time using the argument that you are helping out the poor natives as Delta is predominately white as I will bet you are to.

I have to ask this stupid question, why do you want to drop a 1000 pound animal when it is very clear that killing the animal is the will not involve feeding your family in any way? I have no issue with food banks and group homes receiving extra meat but you are indicating that you need some one to take the entire animal.

At least you will be doing this on the road system and not in WACH unit 23. Keep up the good work you crazy hunter!

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Rentals
    Your best bet in rafts, canoes and camp rentals in all of NW Alaska
    www.northwestalaska.com

Default Sure I'll take some...

sheep meat, that be a nice addition to the larder. I'll be packing out moose to my boat in August hopefully. I hope you are able to find someone needy to assist you like Bushrat suggested.

To the individuals who posted in the thread and via pm providing information and submitting requests...thanks. I'm taking names and will get back with you.

Northwest

I've been a part of this forum since roughly 97 or 98. I don't need to be current to understand what goes on in these forums...it isn't very unlike groundhog's day around here. There are a handful of people who will always be self-absorbed with themselves...add yourself to the list.

As I mentioned in an earlier post. I don't have to explain my intentions. But since you already called yourself out on asking the dumb question (and might I mention, a question I have problems undertstanding...grammar), the answer is logistics. Thus the reason I said if I don't have any takers I won't shoot. It won't hurt my feelings if I don't take a moose. Just trying to help the "white" folk out in Delta.

Lastly, both my mother and father are Jamaican. Surprised?

Cool Jimmy

I will take that slap as I deserve it. Waste of meat bugs me a bunch.

Default Good Luck on the Sheep

Jimmy - Good luck on the Sheep and moose too!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Urban View Post
    .....I realize people will want to chuck spears...
    Not me. I think you're doing a great thing, especially in seeking out a worthy charity up front.

My hat's off to ya'!

Way to go Jimmy! I think you're doing the right thing soliciting people for donation BEFORE hitting the field, it shows you're responsible and know what your doing. Good luck on your hunt!

Tim

Question need or greed?

What's the reason for killing an animal? There's undoubtedly a host of reasons, but if we're honest with ourselves about giving all the meat away, is it really a sincere and noble act or is it just a ploy to justify a need or greed to kill? Was the noble act a forethought or an afterthought? Only the individual hunter can honestly answer this...not having to justify it one way or the other to anyone.
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Maydog View Post
    .....is it really a sincere and noble act or is it just a ploy to justify a need or greed to kill?.....
    Is there something wrong with a desire to kill?

What's the reason for killing an animal? There's undoubtedly a host of reasons, but if we're honest with ourselves about giving all the meat away, is it really a sincere and noble act or is it just a ploy to justify a need or greed to kill? Was the noble act a forethought or an afterthought? Only the individual hunter can honestly answer this...not having to justify it one way or the other to anyone.
    But to be clear, I'm making no judgement call on how or why anyone else hunts...it's your hunt, just enjoy what you do.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...527#post100527

Thanks for pouring on your pyscho-ideology BS. I'm a greedy man. Next...

Default yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Is there something wrong with a desire to kill?
    Yes there is, kill people and you go to jail. And IMHO there should be laws to govern how many animals people can shoot for sport in a year!
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast