Thread: US distributor quest.

Default US distributor quest.

am wanting to and am willing to try out the GS Custom .366" 260 grain HV but want to know of a distributor here in the US. It is a curious thing "reloading" because you have to venture from one spectrum to the other to get pure "satisfaction".

any experienced reloaders here that have tried these bullets? would like to get a box before Sept of "this" yr. if at all possible.

Default GS from SA?

Tim,
    I have never tried them but think they are similar to Barnes. The only dealer in US I know of is Custom Brass and Bullets but there may be others. They list the 9.3mm 260 HV at about 93.00/50. Have never ordered from them so don't know anything about the company or their supply in inventory and order policy???

http://www.custombrassandbullets.com/hvbullets.html

hello George! long time no hear

they sure seem like the Barnes, all copper and hollow. all the talk about them seems like there is a "mystical" and "magical" property about them-for that amount of money and I had a box I can say at least I tried them. Wonder how many Alaskans have used them and liked them. Wonder about Phil Shoemaker and other big bear guides who can actually afford to pay out for them found them to be the "creme dela creme" of bullets- if I can get a box I will post a thread on what I have found and how they work. If not the Barnes TSX has worked out just fine and has never let me down on either Int. Grizzly or Moose.

take care.

Tim,
    I've used them very little and always in South Africa. They seem to be getting popular there with the younger PH crowd.

I shot a wart hog with a 375 270 grain HP and an impala with a 338 160 grain solid. The hog didn't move the rooi ran about 300 yards before piling up. That was a heart shot. These bullets are lathe turned copper or some of the solids are brass or bronze. They have an HP and a FP solid that looks like a WFN cast bullet. I've never seen them over here, but I have a few somewhere that I brought back. They aren't so expensive over there. If you can wait a while I'll bring you some back next time. What are you looking for?

Here is their webb Site, maybe this will give some more info.

http://gscustom.co.za/
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Murphy ole buddy how you doing? Sounds like that would be a great trip-one day I will head over that way. Wife and some friends say they can see me over there-if I see me over there I would be there

I won't expect you to as I am certain you will be enjoying and having a grand time moseying around and all. IF you can that will be a good thing. I am looking into either the 9.3230hv or 323180hv-going to give these mausers a hard working over-it is shot placement and bullet performance.

Gerard backs these bullets up 100% and essentially mentions that the Barnes don't have anything over the HV-something I want to try. The other fine bullet maker is of course Mikes NorthForks-easier to get. Just something about the advertising of these that has me riled up abit-know what I mean?

Anymore I am more interested in the "old" calibers and the actions that housed them-they worked and shot well and were reliable. Overlooked by many but I think the 8x57 IS or JS(.323) is well balanced as is the 9.3x62 Mauser.

Just let me know when or what or how much and I will take care of it.
    take care and have a good day.

Tim