Thread: Seward beach fishing in October

Default Seward beach fishing in October

Taking my family to Seward for the weekend. Is there anywhere on the beach or piers to plunk for bottomfish, or anything else?

My kids catch flounders in the harbor

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

fish off the bottom you will be suprised what you will get enjoy SID

Thanks guys. It has gotten late in the year, and the small boat harbor seemed pretty barren. I caught one 9" 2 horned sculpin, and missed some small bites. Fishing on the outside of the breakwater I caught one greenling and 3 black rockfish, all quite small. This was at the morning high tide, fishing darkness into first light. Afternoon high tide produced nothing. It was fun to be out, though!

I found that Safeway doesn't carry squid, but the little grocery just past that does. Definitely recommend squid for bottom fishing! It stays on the hook longer so you can catch the light biters.

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    Thanks guys. It has gotten late in the year, and the small boat harbor seemed pretty barren. I caught one 9" 2 horned sculpin, and missed some small bites. Fishing on the outside of the breakwater I caught one greenling and 3 black rockfish, all quite small. This was at the morning high tide, fishing darkness into first light. Afternoon high tide produced nothing. It was fun to be out, though!

I found that Safeway doesn't carry squid, but the little grocery just past that does. Definitely recommend squid for bottom fishing! It stays on the hook longer so you can catch the light biters.
    I think the Fish House & the Bay Barge Co. Store @ the NE launch sell squid too.
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856