Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No ethics

Default No ethics

http://m.peninsulaclarion.com/news/2...uide#gsc.tab=0

Glad they got this guy, there's no room for this behavior out there

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Too bad he is still out there fishing though.

"Glad they got this guy, there's no room for this behavior out there"

If guilty as charged, definitely!

As to the guide's ethics and whether or not he committed any violations, until the trial is resolved, he is innocent of all charges. To date, everything charged is "alleged."

Reporter could have done a little further investigation. A quick search of Facebook turns up his page, and a post on Oct 2. that he is on the way to Nicaragua. Could that possibly be the reason he wasn't present in a Homer courtroom on Oct.4?

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    [COLOR=#333333]...and a post on Oct 2. that he is on the way to Nicaragua. Could that possibly be the reason he wasn't present in a Homer courtroom on Oct.4?
    Or was he leaving for Nicaragua because of the court date? He had to have known about the court date long before then.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

As to the guide's ethics and whether or not he committed any violations, until the trial is resolved, he is innocent of all charges. To date, everything charged is "alleged."

Reporter could have done a little further investigation. A quick search of Facebook turns up his page, and a post on Oct 2. that he is on the way to Nicaragua. Could that possibly be the reason he wasn't present in a Homer courtroom on Oct.4?
    Over 40 violations?, yeah, he's probably innocent. I've seen comments from this guy on other web sites, he doesn't appear to be too concerned about the sustainability of the resource. I'm would bet he's in central America, committing violations as we speak

Sight correction, until the trial is resolved, he is PRESUMED innocent. A lot of people seem to forget that word. If he did the crime, then he is guilty from the start, it just hasn't been proven in court yet.

I stand corrected. My point being, that just because a person has been charged with a crime does not mean he has done the crime. I know nothing about this case or the guide in the case, but I react to the internet vigilantes wanting to lynch anyone charged with a crime, assuming he's guilty as sin simply because there is a charge against him.

I still can't digest the guy taking off for Nicaragua two days before his trial date. Guilty or innocent, he certainly knew of the trial date by then. At the very least he's guilty of being stupid. If he didn't clear it with the court as sounds to be the situation, he's going to have a bench warrant for is arrest for failure to appear on top of his other case. I'm thankfully not a lawyer, but since he left the country, does that bring him under the federal magnifying glass, too?
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Sight correction, until the trial is resolved, he is PRESUMED innocent...
    Yes, but in this day n' age, it sure seems the other way around....Guilty until proven innocent.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

The Homer News story paints a fairly clear picture according to the Trooper's affidavit claiming eyes on alleged violations and personal contact with mr. Erickson. Not arm-chairing toooo much here...but I smell fish...way too many over the limits fish.

http://homernews.com/homer-news/loca...-against-guide

Either way in a couple days he will be a fugitive from justice. Not making a court date will result in a warrant for his arrest. FTA. Now that he left the state he a fugitive. With 40 sum odd violation charges I seriously doubt he's very innocent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BOATLESS for now......
    Heavy Hitter Fishing
    MMSI#

Under the recent passage of SB 91, FTA is no longer a crime unless the defendant fails to appear for 30 days. Not sure how the court will react, but it appears a simple reschedule is all it took. Many times defendants are not at trial calls as attorneys can act on the defendant's behalf at that stage of the game. Not defending this guy at all, just pointing out the criminal justice pendulum is swinging away from providing for public safety and accountability to giving the impression of saving a few dollars.

I believe he runs a guide business in South America/Costa Rica during the winter months.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy View Post
    The Homer News story paints a fairly clear picture according to the Trooper's affidavit claiming eyes on alleged violations and personal contact with mr. Erickson. Not arm-chairing toooo much here...but I smell fish...way too many over the limits fish.

http://homernews.com/homer-news/loca...-against-guide
    Thank you for the link. Looks like pretty serious, intentional violations if he turns out to be guilty as charged.

Maybe they can just pull his Passport and let him be Nicaragua's problem.

Has some proposals in to the BOF, maybe he'll show up at the meeting...HAHAHAHAHA!!
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

http://www.radiokenai.us/halibut-gui...legal-fishing/

Looks like he pleaded guilty

Pleaded down to two violations (ticket) and $10k fine which is very likely to be knocked down further. So he basically gets a slap and incentive for others to do same. This was as bad a cheating as it gets.

Yes, this is as bad as it get as far as the sheer number of violations and apparent disregard for both the resource and the rules governing them.

He pleaded down to 2 $10,000 fines with $5000 suspended on both counts and a no guiding suspension for May, 2018 which will cost him further. Add in the lawyer and court cost and it's a more than a slap on the wrist but was this enough of a punishment? In my opinion....not even close. But there is no incentive for others to follow this type of behavior.

The chances of being caught are so small that when someone does something this egregious the hammer needs to be severe as sufficient deterrent. As in prison time and/or lifetime forfieture of license. There are people in prison for far less. But these are just "fishing violations" I guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast