Thread: 2002 Toyota Tacoma 268k miles $3500 (Palmer, AK)

Default 2002 Toyota Tacoma 268k miles $3500 (Palmer, AK)

Leaving state, so I am selling this 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 I bought 6 years ago. It is a reconstructed title, but in good shape and should probably last a long time. 4 cylinder, manual transmission (stick shift).

268k miles. Regularly maintained with oil changes. Tires are quality Bridgestone Dueller AT and are relatively new (two seasons, with probably about 10k miles on them).

This is a daily driver mostly around Palmer, but with occasional trips to Anchorage and a few trips here and there to Valdez or Glennallen or the Denali highway.

Has Alaska windshield, though it's mostly pretty good.

Has recently had plugs changed, new valve seals/gaskets, and a new coil installed.

Comes with an additional set of studded Nokian snow tires, but this would probably be their last season.

Only real maintenance I see in the near future is rotors on the front.

For six years this has been a very reliable and well-loved truck.

IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_5260.jpg

Close up of Bridgestone Dueller AT tire to show tread:

IMG_5262.jpg

Answers to questions:

It doesn't burn oil.

It was reconstructed after a moose hit.

It gets 19/20 around town and around 20 highway, depending on what you're doing and how you're driving.

This is the information I received when I bought the truck in 2010 (from a family friend):

It is a 2002 Tacoma SR5, 2.7l 4 cylinder engine w/ a 5 speed manual transmission. The odometer reads 206,000 miles, the previous owner said that he swapped a lower mileage engine/transmission/transfer case in at 196,000 miles. Those items should have 120,000 miles on them currently.

It has a clear Alaska Reconstructed title, the original owner hit a moose. I have a copy of the carfax report, the airbags did not deploy. The grill, hood, radiator and windshield were damaged. The radiator was replaced along with the windshield.

Around Fairbanks I have been getting 18-20 mpg w/ it, I drove it to Summit Lake and back two weeks ago and got 23mpg.

The truck was inspected a month ago by a local mechanic. He found a few items that needed attention, all of which I have addressed. He did mention that he was impressed with the engine swap, that they did an excellent job.

The items that were replaced:

RH front wheel bearing and upper ball joint. The bearing was getting a bit rough, and the ball joint I replaced because I had to remove it to replace the bearing.

All three serpentine belts were replaced, along with the air filter.

The rear U-joint on the rear drive shaft was dry, and I replaced that.

The upstream Oxygen Sensor is currently bad, the replacement has been ordered and should be here on Monday.

Sold on CL.