Thread: Need a Glock Armorer

Default Need a Glock Armorer

Hopefully on the Kenai Peninsula. My G-17 falls in the serial number range for the free upgrade from Glock, but it is expensive to ship through FedEx next day. Glock suggests having a local Glock Armorer do the upgrade.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    Hopefully on the Kenai Peninsula. My G-17 falls in the serial number range for the free upgrade from Glock, but it is expensive to ship through FedEx next day. Glock suggests having a local Glock Armorer do the upgrade.
    Contact the local PD or federal office. There should be an authorized glock armorer on staff if they carry the glock.

What upgrade do you need? If it's for the recoil spring you don't have to send anything anywhere.
    Henry Bowman for President

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
    What upgrade do you need? If it's for the recoil spring you don't have to send anything anywhere.
    It's more than that. I have a local guy who is a certified armorer who will do the work. Parts are inbound from Glock.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Well what's the upgrade? Inquiring minds want to know

The early guns had an issue with the firing pin safety. The upgrade kit replaces the trigger bar, firing pin, firing pin safety, firing pin safety spring, extractor, and spring loaded bearing. It's about a 10 minute swap if you know what you are doing. The old style parts had the black nitride finish, like the slide, the new ones have the bight silver hard chrome finish. If you get a used Glock, just look at the bottom of the slide, if the firing pin and firing pin safety or trigger bar are black, it's time for the upgrade kit.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Thanks gunbugs