Thread: Overnight parking at flattop

Default Overnight parking at flattop

This is actually hunting related I promise. Can you park there overnight, for up to a week? Called the chugach state park line and they are closed on weekends and couldn't find the info I needed online.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a day use area. It would be best to not leave a vehicle there for more than a day. Unless you want to develop a better relationship with your insurance agent.

Parked overnight for a backpack trip few years ago. Didn't have any issues and this was before the onsite caretaker was there.

Quote Originally Posted by quest32a View Post
    This is actually hunting related I promise. Can you park there overnight, for up to a week? Called the chugach state park line and they are closed on weekends and couldn't find the info I needed online.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It might be wise to get dropped off up there by a family member/friend or even take a taxi. Not sure I'd want to leave a vehicle there for an extended amount of time. Sad I know...

You'd probably be ok, but it's seriously 10 minutes from town. Anyone can run you up there.

You couldn't make me leave a vehicle I cared bout there overnight with a gun to my head.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I can't find their website, but there is a business that runs shuttle vans from downtown to the Glen Alps trail head. Found some info here: https://www.alaskaone.com/anchorage/...in-shuttle.htm