Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best meat grinder for the money

There is a butcher supply place in Mountain View......that rents meat grinders, or they did some years ago.

Rental places in the valley too, Apr for example.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

In my early days, our family had a hand crank one. Don't know where it went but wish I still had it for the collection. I bought one of those small ones that measure power in watts. One time took what seemed like a long day for us to process one hind quarter from a moose.

That small electric one served its purpose and passed on.

I then upsized to a 1hp, which was probably enough for my needs. I passed that one on ... and have gone larger with the 1 1/2hp. I've processed a lot of game with that 1 hp.

Ultimately depends on how much game you plan on processing and how much time you have for processing. If you work the 40/week, hunt and process on the weekends, and don't really get more than a couple thousand pounds of meat in a year, a 1 hp does fine.

Hey Rob, you dont put on grinder tube on you just match up the grinder and the mixer, the mixer plugs right in to the grinder motor, the mixer has legs that screw up and down to match up with the grinder motor, super easy to do

I'll give it a try this weekend.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

I have this one at the post office now, I will post a review soon after I use it.
    http://smokehousechef.com/the-origin...-stuffing-kit/

I have had one like you buying Kevin, found it better to but the attachments in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes before starting, it helps keep the meat cool as its going thru, if your grinder gets hot the fat becomes gummy, just a thought

This is the one I bought.
    I really wished I could've afforded a better one, but I couldn't justify it.
    It's a little slow, but actually it's a pretty nice grinder for the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12