Thread: Delta Clearwater Silvers

Default Delta Clearwater Silvers

I know for me that October is a time for relaxing after hunting and getting ready for winter is on the front of the mind. But there is something about chasing these silvers that i cant turn away from. Maybe its the frost or the light touch of snow. Maybe its just that environment that makes it so awesome. Clear shallow water!! Maybe its like my last "fix" before putting the reel for the winter. Fishing is not priority in the winter BRRRRAAAAAPPPPPP!! I know its a couple days early for optimal fishing, but i have already heard of people hooking into a couple. I wouldn't say from a reliable source though. Anybody made it our there in the last couple days?

Also looking for a little advise. This year will be the the time i take a boat. Its a godevil 18' flatbottom. I am asking for general information on where should i motor to. i have a hunch to go upstream from the boat ramp. I have only shore fished there while dancing on the line of private property and high water mark. I hope we all hook into our fair share of these in the upcoming weeks. And thanks for any info on boating.
    IMG_0376.jpg
    Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

well they are in. went yesterday and had a blast. First cast with a brand new lure and wham! then followed by a snap of the line. haha i knew i shouldve put new line on the rod.
    Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

Awesome! I'll make a run down there in the next few days I hope.

Thanks for the update.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Saw some in the lake yesterday.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

The silvers were thick yesterday however they didn't seem to be biting as aggressively as they have in the past.

I did catch 6 in about 2.5 hours. And one chum... weird.

Outside temp was 15 degrees at day break.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

That sounds like fun!

Hey all- I was thinking about taking my arctic oven and camp out for silvers this weekend. Any recommendations on places large enough to set up an arctic oven 12'? I'm thinking upstream from the campground as I'll have my boat. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyriver View Post
    Hey all- I was thinking about taking my arctic oven and camp out for silvers this weekend. Any recommendations on places large enough to set up an arctic oven 12'? I'm thinking upstream from the campground as I'll have my boat. Thoughts?
    Someone must have found a place to camp with an Arctic Oven tent on the Delta Clearwater... there's a post circulating showing a ground fire that seemed to be caused from a camp fire that wasn't extinguished. Good to keep in mind that fires can work their way underground in the roots, etc., and smolder for months and flare up in spring, summer.

DCW_groundfire.jpg