Thread: Vortex Razor HD 65mm

Default Vortex Razor HD 65mm

Took this out on a sheep hunt with my buddy, well worth every penny. To add to this amazing piece of equipment is the phone skope...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
    Keepin R' Wet
    Wasilla, AK

I'm considering this scope or the larger 85mm for sheep hunting. How well did it do for judging sheep, and at what distances were you when looking/taking photos? Does anyone have user knowledge about the two Razor scopes and have compared them? If the 65 will work- great, but If I'm going to be wishing for the 85 after having purchased the 65mm I'd rather buy once.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by BAR300 View Post
    I'm considering this scope or the larger 85mm for sheep hunting. How well did it do for judging sheep, and at what distances were you when looking/taking photos? Does anyone have user knowledge about the two Razor scopes and have compared them? If the 65 will work- great, but If I'm going to be wishing for the 85 after having purchased the 65mm I'd rather buy once.

Thanks in advance.
    I love the 65mm! We're were able to judge sheep from a long distance away with wind. I had a difficult time deciding which one to get as well. I stuck to my gut and got the 65 for reasons of size and weight. Though I would agree that the 85 would reach farther it was the size of the 85 is what got me to go smaller. Guessing I'm going with 3/4 mile we we're able to judge the Rams and on the photos that was only about 600-700 yards away.

Keepin R' Wet
    Wasilla, AK

Except the last photo which I'm guessing was a mile + maybe

Keepin R' Wet
    Wasilla, AK