Thread: Todays........RANT "Private Message" box FULL.

Smile Todays........RANT "Private Message" box FULL.

I am not sure how many hundred times I have responded to requests, and written a comprehensive reply. Only to see "Sorry, That members PM box is full, and your lengthy reply to them just vanished into the ether".......

Question to Mike and/or Brian M. Is there anyway to have settings configured that as soon as you enter the members name, you would get a warning that their PM box is FULL or is turned off.

Nope, there is no setting for that. What you can do is set it up so that all of your messages are saved to your sent folder. The downside is that takes up space in your allotted PM storage, but as long as you delete them once in a while it shouldn't be a problem. The upside is that you then still have that lengthy reply and you can simply cut and paste it to send it again once their box is open.

I normally sent the PM to myself as well, and then I have a copy of the text at least.

THANKS........that is a super great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    I normally sent the PM to myself as well, and then I have a copy of the text at least.

yeah, super irritating. Someone asked me about something about a year ago. Same thing....I tried again like a week or so later (saving it that time). Same thing.

So now, generally...I don't do that. Just send a message with me email or something. That part of the PM system stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    That part of the PM system stinks.
    You mean the part of the "system" who can't ever manage to empty his mailbox?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

You can also just copy the whole message prior of sending so that you can save to Microsoft word or notepad for later date..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
    Keepin R' Wet
    Wasilla, AK