Thread: Boulder Creek Trail

Default Boulder Creek Trail

Made it out to the Boulder Creek Trail this morning. First time riding this trail. Had a little rain falling most of the time. Headed up the valley and got into some swampy areas in steady rain, so I turned around. Looks like I was supposed to go to Simpson cabin and cross the creek in that area. Is this creek crossable? Anyone know if this is correct to stay on the main trail? Anyway, will try again on a nicer day. How is everyone else's riding going? EricL

Default Boulder creek

While it has been a while snce I have been to Boulder creek, once you get down through the trees, you can get through the last mud hole. Yes it looks bad, but in the past the bottom has been good. As long as you have good ground clearance and good tires, keep on going. The other trail that goes over by Simpons Cabin, is not a bad route to go either. There were no major mud holes on it last year but.... We like runnig up there a little later in the year. The creek seems to be lower then and it is fun running. Watch the water level as it can be mis-leading. Over the years we have seen two machines go for a long swim in the creek. IF I can get some work done around the house, hope to make a trip up that direction sometime over the 4th of July.
    'Good ridin'

I know its has beena month since you have posted but here goes, as AK Bearcat says you can get across but before the last mud hole you take a left down the bank and onto the gravel bar it is a little deep so you may want to check it first. We always end up zig zaging our way up the creek if you go past the cabin the vally narrows down but during lower water levles you can get through and it will open up again we have been another couple of miles up and the trail kept going and we did not have enough time to go further. The problem I have on this and other trails are the jeeps and trucks they can and do distroy trails quickly but that is another subject.

Default Boulder Creek

Well, we made it back out to Boulder Creek today. What a GREAT DAY! We made it clear to the end of the East Boulder Creek. The views and scenery are unbelievable. We rode just over 36 miles and at the end we were only 5.4 miles (as the crow flies) from the truck. Wanting to get to the end of the Boulder Creek drainage next time. I do have a question. We rode by a cabin with a sign on it saying that it was a private cabin. If this is public property, how can an individual build a private cabin? I was a little jealous of his views, though!! Eric

Boulder is great, we have an ATV Club run planned for Aug 5th if anyone wants to take a look at it. There is private property along the Chickaloon Trail (on the way to Simpsons Cabin) and there is at least one cabin on private property on the East Fork of the Boulder and one on Boulder up from the junction of the East Fork that is on a lease.
    If anyone has questions about a cabin being legal all they have to do is get the GPS cords and contact the land manager (BLM, DNR, borough).
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.