Thread: south east fishing reports please

Default south east fishing reports please

im in craig and the fishing is verry spoty and hit or miss. thetr are some big kings around and some silvers showing. but its good for a day or two and then its over.the kings bite for a little while good then its over till the next tide.over all pritty slow for july.any reports frome sitka or ferther north?

sitka, slow on kings right now as well as coho's. Good halibut though. Kings are hit and miss. was much gooder right up till the comm troll opener. What few fish were around have been picked over quite well. Definatly not good by any means though. We had a couple of weeks where it was hot, and now it's not.

Default Fish On!

My son and three friends went out yesterday, caught 3 kings 25-45 lbs. Limited out on halibut: 150lb, 110lb, 80, 2-50's and a 30. A great fishing day.

kingfisherktn

now we have bad weather and bad fishing may bring some fish in though

Kings are always spotty this time of year near JNU... the big ones that are here have (or are about to) spawned. Feeders will start showing up in a few weeks.... (I hope).

All the chums look like x-mas ornaments.

Coho are showing up... it's neat to fish them every day and literally follow a school around Pt. Retreat, down Shelter Island, and watch them spread out from there. Once fishing slows for coho, just go back outside Pt. Retreat and pick up the next "wave" of fish.

Halibut are being caught all over town - most >25 lbs.

My yelloweye hole is still producing whenever I can get there, and the sablefish seem to be plentiful, but I can't pick any up in anything less than 2200 feet of water.... ugh!

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]