Thread: Polaris plow vs Warn/Eagle

Default Polaris plow vs Warn/Eagle

I'm going to get a plow for my 2012 Sportsman 550 EPS and wondering what is everyone using for plow system. Warn or Polaris? Seems the Polaris is over priced $700 vs the Warn or Eagle $400-500ish (would need to barge ship up around $100). I already have the polaris winch installed.

Also front mount or center mount?

Thanks

Ryan
    Ryan
    Kingfisher 2525 Honda 225 & 20

There is also Open Trail or Cycle Country I have had a 5 ft Cycle country blade on my yamaha 450 for the last 10 years
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I had the Tusk/Eagle Plow think I ordered it from Rocky Mountain Atv for my Rhino. Did well for most of the first season but then I was trying to push back a berm a little at a time and hit some ice in the berm, admittedly too hard, spun the Rhino, bent the mount and circle for the angle adjustment. Looked well built, Plow blade held up fine, it was my fault, haven't looked at other plows to compare. American Manufacturing had replacement parts for a fair price and they did their job of bending before they screwed up the frame of the Rhino. My mount bolted to the front of the frame, push tubes attached with two pins, mount could stay bolted on.

Polaris plow for 10 years on big boss 6x6 to plow driveway. No complaints, has held up well considering.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

I used to be a huge Warn advocate, but the reality is that it's not so much the plow that matters as it is the mount. Warn's mount for the Big Boss should never even have left the drawing board - terrible design that used the bolts that held in the front diff. I majorly modified it, so it would work, but not after doing significant damage, and finally gave up and used my Rhino to plow since the Big Boss has a terrible turning radius too. Buyer beware, but in hindsight I would just go with the OEM plow. If you have issues, you can just blame Polaris.

Whatever plow you do get, add on wings and a snow flap to carry much more material.

I think the Polaris glacier system is far superior to the other aftermarket designs. I had a cycle country on a Honda Forman for years and yes it worked but as the years went on it got beat up and abused and became bent and tweeked then was a real pain to get attached.

I've had the Polaris glacier plow system on a 2004 700 sportsman since new, no issues what so ever.
    I have broken axles trying to push too much snow with no damage to the plow or mount. Have used mass and velocity to move berms that I should have not been trying to move with an ATV, no damage to plow or mount, wont mention the damage I sustained. opps!
    It is drive on and drive off plow system, would highly recommend it.
    Mike

I have the Polaris Glacier poly plow. The mount bolts to frame easily, doesn't hang down or intrude on your skid plate which really worried me for hunting and general wheeling. I can hook it up in about 15 seconds. Its that easy. Hook it up, plow the drive, un hook and go ride. I believe it is the 60" model so it can really push some snow. The only problem I have had is not having enough traction. Wheeler is 2013 Polaris 550 x2, 27" mud tires. I am thinking of getting chains for it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdeines View Post
    I'm going to get a plow for my 2012 Sportsman 550 EPS and wondering what is everyone using for plow system. Warn or Polaris? Seems the Polaris is over priced $700 vs the Warn or Eagle $400-500ish (would need to barge ship up around $100). I already have the polaris winch installed.

Also front mount or center mount?

Thanks

Ryan

I run the Moose County Plow on my wheeler, going on it's 12th season. The county plow blade is higher on one side to allow you to throw the snow back a little further. Over 12 seasons it has needed a few minor repairs and cracks welded up but it has hit a few berms a lot harder then I should have, even a couple of times of putting myself over the bars while standing.

As for mounts run the center mount don't stress the front frame anymore then needed. Never know when you are gonna hit the hard spot.