Thread: How big? Is he legal?

Default How big? Is he legal?

Here is a link to a photo. I can't find a way to post a picture on here any more. Anyone else know how?

http://imgur.com/a/UyQ3S

After you all give your guesses I'll give you the back story.

Looks like he said "ouch" at some point this year. Broken off I'm guessing 42"--but admit I'm not great at this game even when there isn't such a mismatch between sides.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

I will go with fork.

Fork for me as well.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Looks like a 3 browtine on one side and a fork on the other..

3 brow tines on the right antler (left side of picture). Possibly fork on the other, though not absolutely able to tell from that angle.

Believe it or not he's actually legal by three ways. He was 54" wide, he had 3 brow tines, and he was a fork! Weirdest moose I ever shot. I shot it with my wife and son along. One long pack as well. A mile and a half through very thick alders and willows! I won't be doing that again!

Does anybody know or have any suggestions on how to post the picture directly to the post? I am not the greatest person with technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Does anybody know or have any suggestions on how to post the picture directly to the post? I am not the greatest person with technology.
    The "embed" link that imgur provides doesn't work with our forum's system, so I had to do it manually. I copied the image address (not the url you linked to above - the address to the image itself) and then put an [img] tag both before and after it. The one after has /img in between the brackets - [ /img] (but without the space that I put in there).

Clear as mud? Hit reply with quote on the post of mine above and you'll see how it's formatted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Believe it or not he's actually legal by three ways. He was 54" wide, he had 3 brow tines, and he was a fork! Weirdest moose I ever shot. I shot it with my wife and son along. One long pack as well. A mile and a half through very thick alders and willows! I won't be doing that again!
    Well, you know what is legal is subjective to what area it's in. In a 3 brow tine area....bang! In a spike/fork/50 area...bang! But, in a spike/50/4 like down here on the Kenai, on such a strange rack I sure don't know if I would have guessed he was over 50" unless I saw the rack on the bull. Was this in an any bull area, or spike/fork/50/3...??? Congrats though.....meat for the pot...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post

Clear as mud?
    Yep!!!...now can you say that in English for us self taught illiterates, or maybe explain it more clearly on the "How to post images" thread? I'm pretty sure many folks have a pretty hard time doing so....I mean you see it all the time here. Once I figured it out only to have my pic come out up-side-down and me not knowing how to turn it right side up......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    The "embed" link that imgur provides doesn't work with our forum's system, so I had to do it manually. I copied the image address (not the url you linked to above - the address to the image itself) and then put an [img] tag both before and after it. The one after has /img in between the brackets - [ /img] (but without the space that I put in there).

Clear as mud? Hit reply with quote on the post of mine above and you'll see how it's formatted.
    Thanks Brian. Not clear as mud, but I'll try your suggestion next time.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Well, you know what is legal is subjective to what area it's in. In a 3 brow tine area....bang! In a spike/fork/50 area...bang! But, in a spike/50/4 like down here on the Kenai, on such a strange rack I sure don't know if I would have guessed he was over 50" unless I saw the rack on the bull. Was this in an any bull area, or spike/fork/50/3...??? Congrats though.....meat for the pot...!!!
    Hey 4mer, 50/3 brow tine/spike fork area. Weird rack huh? Never seen one like that before.